• Recently, singer and pianist Alicia Keys has been under fire for some seemingly hypocritical remarks. The 28-year old biracial performer was raised and educated by a white mother, yet identifies herself as ethnically black. The African American performer has also made some controversial comments to a magazine about the origins of gangster rap. Now, it seems that her conflicting viewpoints are also at odds with her plastic surgeries, which appear to be attempts to look whiter.

Alicia Keys, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

Make Me Heal found this old yearbook photo of a young Alicia and was immediately struck by how much wider and rounder the Grammy winner’s nose used to be. Her old nose had little projection, was relative flat, and she had a wide bridge with a bulbous tip. Her nose is currently long and thin and has a narrow bridge and tip. While her nose has a natural appearance, it is clearly more than just a grown-up version of the nose in the yearbook picture. It is the result of a well executed nose job.

Plastic surgeon, Dr. Paul Nassif agrees, “Definitely looks like she had a rhinoplasty. Her tip is less bulbous and her Ala (sides of the nose) has been narrowed. Her rhinoplasty appears natural at this time. Her dorsum, or bridge, appears a little more square as compared to her pre-op.”

In addition to her rhinoplasty, Alicia also often wears hair weaves of varying textures and may have also had procedures to lighten her skin tone.

Although the singer looks great and appears to be naturally beautiful, Make Me Heal finds it sad that Alicia is so at odds with both sides of her heritage.

Read the complete plastic surgery profile of Alicia Keys on Plasticopedia, the largest plastic surgery encyclopedia.

Comments

1. Simone on May 11, 2008 9:34 am

I’ll bet you have dark skin… (Hater)

Alicia is beautiful and your jealousy can never take that away from her. Her nose looks the same, only now it’s on an ADULT-size head. Also, even as a child you can clearly see that she had — and still has — long long hair, regardless of the texture. Because she is biracial she has the ability to grow her hair long. Monoracial blacks cannot. (sorry)

This is my first and last visit/post to your sorry blog because you’ll probably censor this entry.

2. Just a Thought on May 13, 2008 2:33 pm

For anyone who has a certain skin complexion, you get identified as black, whether you are biracial or not. And who are we to proclaim if AKeys is a hypocrite? I have several friends who are biracial, and their white mothers raised them as ethnically black, so that they would be prepared for the challenges that would inevitably come their way because of their features/skin color. As for the hair issue, 100% of women celebrities wear hair extensions, regardless of their race or ethnicity. It’s part of the business. And no, Simone, you are incorrect on two counts. In America, there is no such thing as a monoracial black, and we most definately can grow long hair. All the women in my family have thick hair flowing past their shoulders (some of us, like myself, have to straighten our hair to demonstrate its length), and we are all black. Not biracial, not mixed, not multiracial, no “my great grand-whatever was part Indian.”

3. Lyn on May 14, 2008 10:58 am

Keys is definitely a hypocrite. Every time I see her she looks whiter. And her face keeps changing. She looks like the offspring of Salma Hayak and Mr. Potato Head. Seriously. Is Alicia Keys using Michael Jackson’s doctors?

4. xavier on May 15, 2008 5:16 am

Gosh! It’s so true! Alicia Keys has definitely changed! Check how white she looks on front album cover ‘As I Am’. Attempts to get acknowledged and accepted by the whites.

5. ashley wilkins on May 16, 2008 2:35 pm

i seriously think ya’ll are a bunch of haters. Alicia was beautiful then and still is beautiful now. Since you have so much to say let’s see how how look!!1

6. Boulder Plastic Surgeon on May 17, 2008 2:06 am

I do adore Alicia Keys especially when it comes to her amazing voice. But I didn’t know she looks too different way back before she enter her career in singing. And now I must say that Alicia is one of the good example of a success plastic surgery ever made.

7. Marie on June 10, 2008 7:51 am

Simone you are such a dumb jackass. Just because the blogger here noticed some differences in Alicia’s appearance, whether they may be correct or not, does not make her a hater. Monoracial blacks do have the ability to grow long hair, but because of our naturally weak hair structure that is a very hard job to do, but it can be achieved. Anyways hair is not the end all, be all didn’t India.Arie tell ya’ll? Being bi-racial, having long hair, and light skin does not make one pretty.

I really hate how you said “I’ll bet you have dark skin” Like WTF!? Not all not even most black women with dark skin hate on light skinned sistas so you don’t even have to act like that. What does annoy me is how black people complain about skincolor discrimination but we have a serious problem with discrimination against dark skinned blacks in our own community. It’s a damn shame that Alicia’s, Beyonce’s, and Rihanna’s beauty are the only kinds that are represented as black all over the media while darker colored sistas lag behind, or completely left out simply because they are dark. Honestly blacks who do this and believe that lighter more Europeans looking sistas are “just prettier” have alot of issues they need to deal with and have some serious soul searching to do. It’s time that we drop this racist ideal that we call beauty because the idea of “beauty” seems to leave out non-European looking women. So why are we accepting it?

8. Tanni on June 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Who the f*** cares about Alicia Keys fake nose and nappy weave.. The B***h had her label buy 1.5 million copies of that horrible cd As I Am!!!
      She stole that BET award from Keyshia..
      Alicia must have been on here knees all day!

9. fabio on June 27, 2008 6:18 pm

alicia e a mais linda de todas a mais gata ela e demais eu so brasileiro e se pudesse conhesser ela seria tudo na minha vida ela e de mais

10. Madison on June 28, 2008 1:48 pm

Who cares?

If she wanted or needed a nose job, she has/had every right to get one. We aren’t her parents, and we can’t run her life. So she had a nose job. Big deal.

11. TheEye on July 1, 2008 3:44 am

True Marie. Although black people do not have naturally weak hair. We make it weak with chemicals. My hair is down to my ass (locs) and one could hang from them.

But back to Alicia Keys, its useless to trip too much on her per se but the issue again always comes down to self hate. Anyone here saying big deal to perfectly normal looking people having plastic surgery is mentally ill.

But it would seem we are living in an increasingly mentally ill society. Alicia keys having a nose job and even worse getting lighter is tragic. I mean the self hate is that deep where even being half white isn’t white enough.

12. Sharese on July 5, 2008 5:42 pm

To whoever initially posted this blog, the reason why biracial children are taught to identify as Black is because their parents probably know that their white counterparts will never accept them as white. Don’t forget the one drop of black blood rule.

As far as the hair issue. Most people who have responded have it terribly wrong. All women of all races wear weave. There is nothing wrong with wearing weave.
      “Monoracial” women can grow long hair, we just have to learn how to take care of it. Our hair texture is weaker and requires more care, it doesn’t grow slower or less than any other group. Try going natural without chemicals, you will be amazed.

I don’t believe that Alicia Keys has ever had any surgery. It looks as if she grew into her nose, unlike Michael Jackson whose nose went through a complete transformation. The reason why she looks lighter on the cover of As I Am is because it is a black and white photograph.

As far as the whole light-skinned/dark-skinned goes, white people started it and Black people should be the ones to end it. There is nothing wrong with being light or dark, all Black women are beautiful. Women and men need to realize that our black is beautiful no matter what the tone.

13. Sharese on July 5, 2008 5:50 pm

One more thing, there is a such thing as photoshop where white executives demand: “Can we just soften the ethnicity a little bit?” A photo can be taken and manipulated to make us keep up with an image that never was. Realize the beauty in yourself and you won’t care about what other people look like or what they have had done.

14. Black dude on July 6, 2008 2:16 am

From a black 19 year old young man.
      When i heard she was fake it made me mad as hell. I’m sick of black women changing their selves to look more white. I’m also sick of this self hatred. These celebrities are causing more harm than fixing. It’s teaching black people that to be beautiful you have to have Caucasian facial features. But that’s not the bad part. about it, the bad part is that the black facial feature are what we are attracted to. I didn’t like her that much because i though she looked white naturally and was fronting when she called herself black, but now i cant stand her. I can swear though if she looked black in the first place i would have brought her cd. I think better before. btw i’m light skinned(not that it matter).

15. Black dude on July 6, 2008 2:18 am

^^ Sorry bad grammar. :)

16. nj on July 12, 2008 2:32 pm

Sharese, it’s not “white executives” demanding “Can we just soften the ethnicity a little bit?” it is jewish executives.

17. Shawn on July 12, 2008 10:39 pm

Her nose looks exactly the same. Tard. And what the h#ll is “whiteness”? She is mixed, tard, which means both black and white. Most of those types are lighter skinned than “full” blacks.

18. Lola on July 19, 2008 8:19 am

This so sad ..
      Hair does’nt matter anyway Humans are made to be vain,
      and if any one of you had all that cash and pressure im sure you would of done it too,
      she is beautiful and thats what sells her CDS

19. Patrice on August 4, 2008 7:43 am

Amen to Marie’s note (june 10th). That being said, I have much respect for Alicia in as much as she is very talented and has decided at least not to resort to what some executives were telling her she had to do…wear less clothes and shake her a_ _ more to sell records. Alas, I do think she might have given into the pressure to appear less ethnic. But here is the struggle… like Marie stated..we do this to ourselves…for you younger ones…there was a paper bag society, a blue vein society, and instructions by grandparents to “pull your nose so it will get smaller” and to seek out the “high yella woman”..really it’s sadly true no joke. So we have many, many years of this self-deprecation (belittling) to overcome. I sympothize with my people who struggle with maintaining their self esteem in the environment/culture we have grown up in. I am a light skinned sister that was often talked about as a youth because of my full lips and nose…by my own “people” . I do think we have to ask ourselves every day..what makes me lovable? So we know the answer for ourselves and no one can tell us different!

20. Alyvia on August 5, 2008 9:31 am

All i have to say is that she is 100% real and my all time idol. I’ve been fooled all this time by the looks of celebrities. Thinking they had real beauty when it always turns out to be fake. I think Alicia’s beauty is real. And when i become famous i wont change a thing about me.

21. Chatalie on August 6, 2008 10:24 am

I think Alecia looks beautiful whether or not she had work done. Most celebrities do have work done and I think it is very hypocritical to judge black celebrities for having cosmetic surgery as trying to be white but if a white celebrity has the same procedures (rhinoplasty for one) there is no judgment. What about all of the puffed up collagen injected lips in Hollywood. Furthermore to the first poster’s remarks about “monoracial” blacks not having long hair that is very false. Black women have trouble with their hair because of the chemicals that we put in our hair to achieve a straight look. Many biracial women are not judged on their natural hair so they do not have to use so many chemicals in their hair. You can look at black men who choose to grow their hair long and see how long black hair grows when it is not mistreated. Furthermore, all of the black women in my family have naturally long hair even with relaxers. We are no more mixed than any other African Americans.

I think all of this hate and judgment is so unnecessary, we deal with enough judgment from outsiders, we don’t need to do it to each other.

22. zoutsa pelagie on August 9, 2008 9:15 am

oh,oh
      what is really happening to this blacks,why dont they like their colors.isn’t it a pride to be a black.please u guys don’t tell me that it is true i cant believe that Alicia keys of all she cant never do that.see u guys.
      bye

23. Christine on August 10, 2008 6:30 pm

Just kinda disappointed in the girl because the image she projects of her self, esp her work with Dove and young women self image issue, and also the image that shes so in touch with her blackness. I know % 90 of Hollywood is fake, but why do they all feel like they need to change something around. Its depressing who can i rely on to be real anymore? The most upsetting part of it is that she sells and make money of this image, and its all phony.

She did not grow into her nose, CLEARLY in that picture she is at least in 8th grade. No one nose magically transform from bell pepper to perfectly shaped nose.

At least her phony image is a good one … can’t be to hard on her EVERYONE is fake now-a-days.

24. leelee on September 11, 2008 7:49 pm

she had work done but is still beautiful.

25. END OF DISCUSSION RETARDS on September 12, 2008 8:11 pm

NOW THERE ARE 2 SIDES:
      1.YES BLACK ACTRESSES DO WEAR WEAVES,GET THEIR HAIR STRAIGHTENED,MAYBE SOME SKIN BLEACH,NOSE JOBS,BOOB JOBS ETC..

2.YES ALOT OF WHITE ACTRESSES WEAR WEAVES,GET NOSE JOBS,GET LIP INJECTIONS,BUTT IMPLANTS,TANNED,BOOB JOBS.

SO DONT ACT LIKE ITS ONLY ONE RACE THAT GETS STUFF DONE AND ISNT NATURAL

OH AND BY THE WAY,SO DO HISPANIC,ASAIN,INDIAN ACTRESSES.

SO TO THE PEOPLE WHO ARE SINGLING OUT ONLY ONE RACE,YOU SOUND REALLY STUPID!
      NOBODIES A NATURAL BEAUTY IN HOLLYWOOD!!

26. phi73 on September 27, 2008 10:49 am

Alicia is beautiful. So what if she had a nose job. There is beauty in all races. I am asian and black. my hair grows long and is curly but closer to the asian texture not kinky or thick like most biracial kids. I like her features, if i had the money to blow I would change my nose. its not self hating. its obvious by my skin and fuller lips that there is black. my nose and eyes are asian. Me personally thinks that a nose that is big and bulbus and wide across the face or big tucan nose is not attractive. Nor is bologna lips or juicy lips. Alicia keys has nice even symatry and it looks beautiful. if her skin is getting chemicals that lighten it, it maybe lightner that evens out fades blotchy uneven skin tone, so her true complexion is showing. the one drop is bull. if she want to look blk she can, if she want to look wht she can. he facial structures are more of her italian mothers characteristic then the black side. so it slimming the nose a bit compliments it nicely.

27. None of ya d*** bidnezz on October 6, 2008 6:52 pm

All yall need to get a life (Tanni the BOTCH) Alicia didn’t get a nose job and if she did lets do her a favor and mind our own business.

28. honey924 on October 16, 2008 7:56 pm

I do believe she’s had a nose job, but it doesn’t make her look white at all; nobody would look at her and think that she is a white woman with a tan.

What kills me is that almost every light skinned black woman on this site is accused of having bleached their skin.

Black people come in all different shades, Lisa. Of course you’ll see fluctuations in pigmentation in black women; black people tan, too. Also, in photographs you will see differences in skin coloring based on how bright or dim the lights were when the photo was taken.

What I find the most ridiculous about that allegation is that you offer no proof that she’s any lighter in that after picture than she normally is. As a matter of fact, she looks darker in that after picture than she did in her debut video, “Fallin” (both of which appear to have had bright lighting). How can you explain that?

29. Freaking Moron, you are! on October 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Whoever made this post is a fucking moron.
      You’re basically saying she had her skin lightened back in whatever grade she was in in the first pic.
      Fucking loser. Her skin looks the same. Her hair was extremely long, AND curly for that matter. Straighten that shit out and it’s be even longer.
      The poster must not know a damn thing about black hair or people for that matter.
      Eat shit, you fucking douche bag.
      And I know PLENTY of black people who have what you would consider a small nose, and guess what? It’s REAL. Stop putting people down. You’re basically saying that the only way someone black can be beautiful is through surgey, & you should be ashamed of yourself. Put that 32. oz of Haterade down the drain!

30. MO on December 30, 2008 6:43 pm

It’s black people like Simone who DISGUST me!! I’ll bet you have dark skin… (Hater)???? WTF? You MORON!!! It is OBVIOUS that Alicia Keyes had a nose job! There is NO WAY in hell that her nose would grow into such a narrow nose considering how wide her nose was! It’s sad that light skin black people have been led to believe they are more attractive than darker skinned black people. Where do you think this came from? Slavery days. And there Are A LOT of us who STILL harbor the slave mentality.. and it’s so very sad. Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with plastic surgery. Being an actress myself, I know the pressure. But some black people think SO backwards! We’re trying to be white if we do this, etc. etc. We are NO different than any other race. And light skinned black people are not better looking than darker skinned! We’re ALL beautiful! We need to kick the slave mentality thing to the curb! Simone has issues. It IS OBVIOUS what she was taught growing up. And Black people, we need to stay away from this kind of mentality like Simone has! Anyway, Alicia Keyes DID get a nose job! It’s OBVIOUS. I think her new nose looks good. More power to her. White people get nose jobs to make their noses smaller too. We are NO different.

31. maria on January 23, 2009 7:25 am

Where did Alicia keys get her sergery what city and what state

32. maria on January 23, 2009 7:29 am

Wonder why it was easy im half black and white too but I have a wide nose bridge too. And have normal wavy hair (white)

33. maria on January 23, 2009 7:30 am

I want to get the same plastic sergery alicia did on the nose

34. Ben S on January 28, 2009 12:53 pm

Even though the picture of Alicia Keys with a broad nose is from when she was a child. I think it’s fairly obvious she’s had cosmetic surgery on her nose, because a broad nose of a child age 10+ (Alicia must be around 10-12yrs old in that photo) wouldn’t grow in to such a slim and refined nose that he has as an adult.

I think Alicia’s nose looks great, and she is a beautiful biracial women. I’m sure she’s still be beautiful even if she had her natural broad nose. Because she is beautiful and biracial some people will pick on anything they can to make her seem blacker than she is, because they are jealous and racist. Also white stars from Elvis to Kate Hudson (well she’s half Jewish) have had their noses done, so I don’t think it’s such a big deal if bi-racial and black stars have there noses done. Besides people have a right to do what they want, and ones race should not dictate that choice.

35. Shoe Stalker on February 6, 2009 8:30 am

I wish people would stop turning plastic surgery in to something racial. Alicia keys got surgery because she didnt like her nose. Did Ashley Simpson get her nose fixed so she could look more “white”? Oh thats right she IS white. So what was her excuse? As a matter of fact if Alicia Keys wanted her nose to look more like a “white person” she should’ve gotten the doctor to put a giant arch in the bridge so it can look like a birds beak. Isnt that what white people are always getting fixed on their noses? Sterotypes are so over. Find something else to talk about.

36. bob on February 7, 2009 12:51 am

Wow it is amazing how it everyone wants to take credit for something. I completely agree with shoe stalker. With so many white people getting nose jobs how can you even say Alicia Keys wanted a nose like a white person. White peoples noses look like long crooked, ummm, yeah, bird beaks! No body wants a nose like a white person. Not even white people. Get your facts straight.

37. Candy Barr on February 22, 2009 9:43 pm

I have to wonder if the writer of this is white or Black . . . A former journalist, I once pointed out to a friend — an editor for a large publication in Washington — that an article that appeared in her paper went on and on about how Alicia’s mother got her started playing the piano, basically turning her into what she is today. I pointed out that though her mother is white, she was listening to Roberta Flack . . . It seems whenever someone half Black makes it big, white America wants to take credit for it. Does anyone remember when Mariah Carey was discovered? She was described as another “white singer who wanted to sound Black.” Mariah had to point out that she was half Black, embarrassing many . . . Anyway, as Bob and Shoe Stalker pointed out, many people get nose jobs. In fact, most people get really bad ones!

38. Claire on February 23, 2009 5:58 am

I never thought that Alicia Keys had anything done to her, until I saw the pictures from the Oscars today. She looked weird and kind of reminded me of Michael Jackson.
      I don’t think much of plastic surgery, but oh well, it’s her decision. Anyway, she’s not a model or something like that, she’s a singer, and a great one at that, and as long as she makes good music I shall not care about her looks (unlike 99.7% of the world) so if she ends up like Jocelyn Wildenstein, she’s still good a good voice.

39. none ya d*** biznezz on February 25, 2009 10:08 pm

All yall need to get a life and stop hatin’ and Sis. Keys she is successful and all now all yall so jelly yall got ta start talkin’ ’bout her shame on alls of yalls ! ! ! :u(( shame shame shame))u:

40. JD on February 26, 2009 3:49 am

Alicia Keys is not an ‘African American’. I am half white and HATE being called black. No, i don’t dislike black people. But i’m sick of being put with them if i am just as much white as black. I have been raised by white people, around white people and i am in no way different than them. Just my skin is. I wished i could change it. I wanna be who i FEEL i am, not who society makes me.

41. Aliciakeysfan1000 on March 7, 2009 6:08 pm

She looks da same and she looks pretty in both pics : )

42. Metisse on March 25, 2009 11:54 am

I am so sick and tired to hear black people say that a light skinned mixed girl want to be white. Has it ever occured to you that we just get whiter as we get older? and as for the cultural issue? so what!!!!? since when is it hypocritical for a mixed culture person to choose one side of her parental heritage or the other huh???!!! THIS IS OUR HERITAGE TO BE BOTH WHITE AND BLACK SO WHY CAN’T WE CHOOSE ONE SIDE INSTEAD OF THE OTHER HUH??? at least we are not pretending to be something we are not supposed to be as some of black girls do when REALLY whitening their skin, wearing blue colored lenses, straightening their hair…..

So you black girls (whatever monoblack families or mixed raced) stop being so damn narrow minded and accept that black or mixed race comes in every shape, height, facial features and even color.

Metisse

43. metisse on March 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Ps: the same goes for white people saying that some mixed raced girl want to be white, or that certain type of black are like this like that…..blablabla.

NONSENSE!!!! you are white so speak about something you know!!!!!

44. mila on April 3, 2009 3:40 pm

Great nose job example! She is soooo beautiful! And talented and harismatic…. I love her!!!

45. carmen on May 2, 2009 5:57 am

i live in the u.k, my mother is italian & my father had 1 black parent & 1 white parent so i look very mediteranian, i have never had much to do with my fathers family so have not taken up his (half black half white heratige!) i dont class myself as black or white because i am neither! i am what i choose to be. i look like 1 of the locals when im holidaying in either italy, morocco, mexico, or puerto rico! & no-one over here realy gives a shit what percentage of what you are… i think people who are very opinionated about others that are not acting black enough or white enough are people who have issues with their own racial bacgrounds & are maybe not happy with who they are! & thats why you find it insulting to who you are, when someone who looks simlar to you trys to change themselves.

46. carmen on May 18, 2009 12:22 pm

also if some one is a natural brunnette and dyes their hair blond or vice versa, do they get accused of not being true to themselves or who they are? NO! so just stop moaning for the sake of moaning!

47. dj on June 7, 2009 1:44 pm

ok so i don’t think it matters if she got a nose job and honestly i don’t think she has. everyone looks awkward when they are preteens so duh some body parts are gonna be out of proportion! anywho i am mixed im half white and black and my facial features are more white ( i have an italian nose and smaller lips) but my skin is as dark as my cousins. so just because we r mixed doesn’t mean its just our skin that is different other body features look different too. and to jd. i get where your coming from. ive been surounded by white family and friends but that doesn’t mean you can’t be connected to both sides of your culture you are black as well as white. its hard to struggle with being both because i get teased by white ppl saying im too black and black ppl sayin im too white. theres gonna be haters but you gotta know who you are and love yourself for all that you are not just the white side or black side. now, alicia keys is a wonderful singer and if you want to know where her heart is listen to her music not journalist who often times just stir up trouble to get noticed. theres more to people then what they look like whether they are mixed or not, white or black or anything else. the important thing is that she tries to be a better person through her music and actions to benefit society, and thats more then you can say for countless other artists and performers out there.

48. Elin on June 28, 2009 3:27 am

I can’t belive what are you saying… First of all, the two photos aren’t so diferent as some of you tell, Keys has grow up, that’s all! And, second, I think that some diferences are made by photoshop, not rhinoplasty. And the photoshop is used on all stars photos… The musical industrie makes the same things for every one, specialy if they are so famos. So, i don’t care about that diferences, and i don’t care about if shie is black or she is white or both. She is Alicia Keys and her music is just perfect!

49. Cam on July 4, 2009 8:44 pm

Makeup can do a lot of things, you know… It’s probably something about the makeup and the lighting. Or Photoshop, I don’t know, but I don’t think she got a surgery. Even if she had one, does it really matter ?! If she didn’t like her nose and she wanted to change it, does it matter ?! Everybody wanted once to change something on himself, me too. So I repeat, who cares ?!

50. Missy on July 9, 2009 12:48 pm

For the Idiot below who said mono racial blacks do not have the ability to grow their hair long sounds ignorant, do some research and educate yourself i am black and my hair is almost waist length and there is plenty more who also have very long hair. so school your self and stop being ignorant.

51. Nick on July 25, 2009 11:08 am

This is like I (white; blonde) would compare my hair color from now to the hair color I had when I was 6 years old. Ridiculous…
      It’s the same nose – on an adult head. Watch her ”Fallin” music video from 2001. She was never very dark-skinned but always had a nice tan. Anyway, do you even know that Alicia hates the fact that everyone attaches such an importance to the superficiality today? She is such a beautiful person (from within and without) and even if she wanted to do plastic surgery – it’s her body! She can do with it whatever she wants to and it’s so stupid from all the people who say that she wants to look like a white woman. She is biracial and represents black and white women. UUUGH.. I don’t even know why you make such a big deal about that… it doesn’t even matter of which race you are. EVERY human is beautiful in his own way, no matter which color of skin he has and now, just shut your mouth and listen to Alicia’s amazing voice and her wonderful songs.

- Nick

52. sierramonet on August 6, 2009 7:07 pm

Hello, i am a biracial young woman and i went threw my shaniqua stage and i went through my white girl stage and now i am at a haopy medium, look this is a grown woman almost 30 she’s not a lost little girl and there is NOTHING wrong with wanting to look nice or relating to one side more than the other as far as the nose thing it is not true because my nose was wider and flatter as was my brother when i was younger and my mother always talks about how my nose got slimmer, every thing looks like a younger her and if you look at the picture you can see her eyes dont even look the same they appear wider and less slanted than they are today just a part of changing. This article appears to be biased and some one who is looking for flaws i believe alicia is perfect and she is all natural, and as far as the complexion thing goes it called a tan sometimes im real light some times im real dark , use common sens ppl lol and i cannot speak on the black hair growing thing because im but uh im sure i wont be back on here so you can reply to my myspace myspace.com/theflyestchicalive

53. Felicia Lyons on August 9, 2009 6:01 am

okay so mant views so little time 1 alicia keys is biracal wtf does that have to do with her voice how she plays the piano or how she gives to so many charities and so is toni braxton mariah carrie and obama not to mention beyonce’ and tyra banks so you are so wrong to judge her on her biracel ness (shame on you poster)
      2 she looks like she grew into her looks she looks like her skin is the same as a model or someone who takes alot of pictures you will know that lighting has alot to do with weather you look dark or light i myself am brown skin like cocoa and when i take pictures i look part indian and korean

3my mothers father was 90% black and 10% irish my mothers mothe was 80% indian 10% black and 10% irish she was a little fair skinnes than almost all of her grand kids and becuase of her lighter skin and shape she looked down on her kids and grandkids who looked different but spoiled the grandkids that were more like her my mother was a little more darker so she got treated differently than her much lighter brothers and sisters
      3when i was born i was born with a head full of hair i had a full head of hair not (nappy like some say but fuller much thicker and curly hair ) than my other brothers and sisters my hair was down my back until i was about 13 years old and thats when my grand mother out of hatred for her self put a perm in my hair and it all fell out! so yes black children can have and own there own her its not treating your hair with chemicals and keeping it gressed what helps it grow and as african americans our hair needs less washing than so to say caucasuns because they have so much grease in there hair while we don’t make our own grease we are only supposed to wash our hair when we go swimming or get wet and then we should grease our scalp to keep it in growing state

so stop judgeing on % and start judging on character mike vick not at all a himanitarian but loved by many for his ability to run with a ball or how about linsey lohan not humanitarian but known for partying hardy and paris hilton known for beautiful looks come on were just to judgemental on people and things that we dont have any control over! get over it were all black in some way!

54. Mr. E on August 9, 2009 9:42 pm

Societal norms long-since established, views of the self, any degree of teasing–from the family or outside, any of these will determine decisions on elective surgery. I identified with Michael Jackson because of his difficulties with his opposite in glass, and I would have sought surgery just the same if I had the means. I’ve dealt with the emotional and psychological ills of disliking my reflection, not due to my ethnic features, but because my features were ones I didn’t like for all the aforementioned reasons. Will I or won’t I have surgery on my nose, have a dermatologist aggresively remove my acne scars and blemishes, and bleach my teeth? Well, since I want to do these things for myself and not to impress a woman (but a nice bonus), I think yes. Yes I will do these things.

55. Cali Chick on August 30, 2009 11:51 am

END OF DISCUSSION RETARDS I totally agree! For those of you who seem to think that being bi-racial automatically make them black is retarded. I am bi-racial, and have actually been told I look kinda like Alicia Keys. I don’t identify myself as black at all- because I am not black. I identify myself as bi-racial- WHICH IS WHAT I AM! I was raised by my white mom and black dad in the diverse city of San Diego and I was never pigeon holed into one race, I never felt I had to choose one, and I don’t claim one over the other. I am mixed and proud of it- and I am 100% natural. I identify as a California girl more than anything. I surf and dress like a beach girl, eat Mexican food almost daily. My husband is Filipino and my friends are every race you could think of. Why is race such a freakin big issue?! Am I honestly the only one who grew up in a diverse place where race has never ever been an issue in my life????

56. Cali Chick on August 30, 2009 11:55 am

Also I COMPLETELY agree with Carmen – if you want to get really technical- my mom is Irish, Italian, Polish and Native American and my dad is 1/3 Native American and 2/3 black- but to those in America who are always pigeon holing people- I am bi-racial. Yet I’m always asked if I am Puerto Rican, Cuban, Brazilian, etc.

Carmen said: “ok, what is the deal with you guys over in the states? you are all obsessed with each others racial backgrounds e.g your half black, quarter white & quarter hispanic!. who cares!!!
      people have a right to look & dress however they want! if the way they look makes you unhappy, (DONT LOOK AT THEM!)”

57. Cali Chick on August 30, 2009 12:07 pm

And def my last post. Anyone who still thinks of the “one drop of ‘black blood’ makes you black’ rule is both ignorant and living in 1955. It’s 2009 people. It is a fact that most people have drops of all different types of blood. That ‘rule’ was put in place when being multi-racial and bi-racial was a minority, and American consisted of people that were either white and free or black and not. By today’s standards, it is ridiculous that people even use that sorry ‘rule of thumb’ why isn’t it used with other races? It’s racist to use that, and nowadays more black people use that rule than anyone else, so it’s succumbing to a racist stereotype that was put in place over 50 years ago!

58. Adri on September 1, 2009 11:27 am

I don’t believe in such a thing as “monoracial.” There’s no such thing as “pure” races. Further, I know that 1) Blacks can grow their hair very long when it’s maintained properly and 2) skin color has nothing to do with hair. There are some correlations between them, but they’re not absolutely related. I have white friends with kinkier (i.e. thicker, curlier) hair than mine and dark-skinned black friends with straighter hair than mine. It’s all in the genes. Nevertheless, I doubt Alicia had rhinoplasty. Her looks have “mainstreamed”, she has lost the braids, she did look extra pale (and Michael Jackson-like) on “As I Am”, and she did wear a wig in the “Karma” video. She’s still a wonderful artist though, but I guess the pressure to conform got to her…

59. Adri on September 1, 2009 11:39 am

@ Carmen – Re: “ok, what is the deal with you guys over in the states? … i live in the u.k…”

Carmen, I can blend in in Brazil, Morocco, Andalucia (Southern Spain), etc., but this obsession with color/race/appearance/classifications is certainly not limited to the States. I lived in Spain for a time and was constantly asked about “being mulatta.” Brazil and Dominican Republic are similar, especially the latter with its terms like “india clara” (light indian) or “india oscura” (dark india). Even a number of Southeast Asians have become so insecure about their ethnic features as to resort to Blepharoplasty (i.e. eyelid surgery). There might be a few exceptions throughout the world, but most people the world over have become very insecure with their appearances/cultures and want more “Caucasian-looking” features. It’s sad–I disapprove–but it’s true all the same.

60. Chris on September 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Being bi-racial, I was always taught to identify as being bi-racial, I wasn’t raised as either black or white, and all people bi-racial should be taught to embrace both sides, no matter what they are.

As devils advocate…you do realize the ideal of “white” people is to be tan aka dark, and since the BC era, Egyptians AKA Nubians strove to be white. It’s just a common theme in all races, people are naturally attracted to the people in their communities that DON’T look like everyone else. It’s an oddity to the norm and that fascinates people. So the darker women have got to stop hating on the lighter woman for the media and men glorifying them, because they are just different than the “normal” complexion of black people. It’s the same for white people, nobody likes a pale white girl, that’s why being Tan has always been in.

Anyway…yea alicia keys got a nose job and the woman can’t sing anymore. I’m tired of her yelling on tracks (i.e No One and New York or whatever that song is). I don’t know when it got cool to howl on a track but no…just stop.

61. Michael Senda on October 12, 2009 4:55 am

Hi y’all,

As an African born and raised in Uganda, I admire African-American fale artists a lot.

I have had the unique opportunity of having seen Alicia Keys up-close on her last visit to Uganda (I believe it was on her ‘save a child’ tour). All I can say is that I absolutely and utterly adore this girl. I could brush her hair for a living! As for the skin colour, I believe there is no one in this world with a complexion to compare. Plastic, metallic or not, you are abolutely beautiful girl and I could trade my soul to have you looks.

62. Kelly on October 29, 2009 6:28 pm

I have to say Alicia Keys is beautiful, inside and out. I am 1/2 puerto rican & 1/2 italian and my children are 1/2 african american. I don’t classify them as “black”, “hispanic” or “white” because they are individuals. Yes they know their heritage but being bi-racial myself I was taught that your ethnicity doesn’t make you any better than another race. When my daughter was born, no one believed she was my daughter because of her dark complexition and her beautiful, thick, curly hair. Although I am 1/2 puerto rican, I have NO color, I’m extremely pale.
      Back to Alicia Keys, people need to STOP hating on her! Seriously, I looked at the pictures posted above for quite some time and I’m not a doctor but I don’t see any signs of plastic surgery, it looks like she grew up! All you people saying she had a nose job, go look at your pictures from when you were younger and see how much YOU’VE changed!

63. Gia on October 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Fans want to make excuses fake Alicia Keys or should I say Alicia Cook. How are you going to have a fat wide nose and then nose gets pointer and narrower …bullsh&t. For people who don’t know about the anatomy of the body, when you are younger , you are constantly growly to about 17-18 in a female, men are about 21. If a child is born with a wise nose, she will grow up with a wide nose, its doesn’t turn 100%narrow of a european. These black women talking all these ” i’m proud and I’m black” but soon as they hot hollywood, they want a nose like mine. These dumb black men be comparing their mates to this fake broads, “you aint no halle berry” or this is that. I hate to bust you bubble but Halle had her nose did, so so Amerie
      Latoya Luckett
      Mariah Carey
      Lil Kim
      Rihanna
      Kelly Rowland
      They talk all that smack about Michael Jackson having surgery, but they did themselves. They theink they slick, they try to get the plastic surgery done, when they 16, 17, or before their career becomes big so nobody would notice, but us white folks nosey, and we will pull you high school picture, college picture to prove our point. Tyra Banks with her fake behind, saying ” everything is real except my hair” Broad, you had your nose did, she use to hav a fat long nose like Sqiudward from Spongebob. Do me a favor black men, if you going to compare your chick, white or girlfriend to these industry females, don’t compare them to plastic tupperware, compare to real chicks like
      tatyana ali
      chili
      gabrielle union and a few other, who have their ” real” facial features…..Will the real black girls stand up?

64. Gia on October 30, 2009 2:56 pm

and by the way, my mom does plastic surgery as well as my dad is an eye doctor (opthamologist), so i have the background credentials to make this statement, she also wanted to let you know(my mother), that people are doing something called ” nip and tuck) this is when you don’t change the total nose, you just make a certain part like the bridge pointer or a wide part of the nose narrower. The results are very little, you would have to be a cosmetic surgeon like my mother or really into celebrities and fashion to recognize.My aunt own the AGELESS center in Atlanta, so I come from a long list of doctors, we know, i think some of you are just heartbroken, than these so called pretty women, aren’t so natural after all

65. fifi_lewinsky on November 4, 2009 3:21 pm

To simone in the first comment, you sound like the ignorant a** hole you are. You probably a hood chick with no job and 5 kids hooked on skin color because thats all you got…haha ignorant uneducated trick.

66. Fadoua on November 14, 2009 12:04 pm

haters…dumb dumb dumb haters…I dont care if anybody wears their breasts on their back…stop looking at other peoples lifes and start living your own!

67. Allison on November 15, 2009 11:50 am

No, Ms. Keys did NOT have a nose job. I usually don’t post to online message boards, however my outrage prompted me to do so this morning. I have seven siblings and one son who all had different noses during their youth, some straight which later thickened out, and others just the opposite. While my son’s nose had a wider bridge and a flatter appearance as a young boy, at age 15, much to my astonishment, his nose underwent a considerable change and is now long and straight and strongly reflective of our mixed Native American/African ancestry. Photos of my son, along with any of my siblings, would demonstrate that similar changes in Ms. Keys’ facial structure over the years are naturally possible. This is pretty common in the human species much like the progressions babies and children undergo from stage to stage in their development. You can also see this as we age, Note the difference in facial features many of our elders undergo as they age.
      On another note, what does is matter how one’s nose grows or changes….? Whether flat, long, beautifully broad, African, Indian, or mixed……the Creator made us all Beautiful and diverse so that we could come to appreciate the beauty in his most magnificent creation.
      I am a hundred percent opposed to the Whitening of African Culture. I don’t agree with lightening one’s skin or changing one’s look under a surgeon’s hands, but I do respect personal freedom for one to make a choice. I also believe that our society must look closely at how standards of beauty are set and by whom….and for what reason. We must resist self-hatred at all levels and indoctrinate ourselves and our children to love and appreciate who we are. Our African ancestors were great people and brought the world many contributions in the areas of Science, Medicine, Culture, Law, Politics….The list can go and on. Study the societies of West Africa – the great empires based on knowledge and learning that were home to many of our great great great great grandparents just before the slave ships arrived. People we are deeper than what the surface shows. Our physical features, while beautiful and African diverse, do not define our worth but do serve as a reminder of the great people from whom we descend.

68. plastic surgery Dominican Republic on November 16, 2009 10:05 pm

The plastic surgery cost of your Dominican Republic surgery is up to 75% less than USA rates and you will have access to leading board certified Dominican Republic plastic surgeons.

69. So Tired Of The Bullchit on November 17, 2009 6:43 pm

Uh….Alicia Keys is not a “black woman.” She never WAS a black woman, or a black little girl.

She’s a multiracial woman, like a lot of us are. She’s Irish and Italian on her momma’s side…and her father is from Jam Rock–which means he’s African, Carribean/Arawack, maybe a little Lebanese, Chinese, English, Indian from India, Irish and who knows what else up in there? You find me a Jamaican without a little something else all mixed up in his ancestry, and I’ll show you a guy who arrived in Kingston from Africa within a generation. So get off the “Waaaaaaah, she’s BLAAAAAAAAAACK and how DARE she not look black enough to suit MEEEEE” bandwagon, because yeah, she’s black AND she’s a whole bunch of other things as well. And that’s just BEAUTIFUL.

It is asinine in the extreme to demand that a multiracial woman only be expected to express the “black” side of her ethnicity, when that side is only one facet of her being. It also suggests an extreme amount of “over compensation” on the part of those making the demand. People should be free to be what they want to be–an to express ALL ASPECTS of their heritage without being scolded by people who want to look like Alicia Keys but don’t have the bone structure or the good looks to carry it off. These people need to get a life, instead of telling people like Alicia that they aren’t “black enough.” You don’t see the Irish, Italians or Arawack Indians teling the girl she’s not “ethnic” enough to suit them, now, do you?

So just GROW UP. Listen to the music, and stop crabbing like jealous little whiners about how the woman looks. Because we all know it–she looks GOOD.

70. pov on November 24, 2009 6:10 pm

This is pathetic. If she wants to change her nose, that’s fine, if she wants to be lighter that’s okay too. It’s her bod. The only ones bothered by that are those “blacks” people who still have issues with themselves.

71. kris on December 13, 2009 10:13 am

i kinda agree with a lot of you and pov, except on the those “blacks” with issues… there are whites that think that same way, it just seems as though it is a more pertinent issue in the black community. (maybe thats what u meant, idk) but anyway, yes it is her body she should be able to do what she wants without being judged. i find it interesting when blacks go under the knife they are persecuted for trying to “be white” however, i don’t think i’ve ever heard anyone tell a white person they are trying to “be black” when they go tanning or get their lips enlarged. nor, have i ever heard a white person being persecuted for being any “whiter” for getting a nose job. on this topic, the problem doesn’t lie within the individual who chooses to get surgery, however it lies within society and those who still choose to let race define every aspect of a person’s being. i am african american, black, whatever, just not a nigger… and i think its past time that we ALL grow up! there are far greater issues at hand than race, i see we have come a long way but we still have some more growing to do. I know it won’t happen overnight, but damnit be the change you wanna see. *stepping off soap box* :)
      alicia is who she is don’t try to force her into a box to make u feel more comfortable. she is indeed, multiracial, biracial, whatever. most importantly she’s human, and even if she wasn’t i’d still love her!! i don’t think anyone should have to deny one side of them for the sake of others… its ridiculous.

ps. there is no pure race, we’re all mixed up, be who u r not what others think you should be.

72. Plastic surgery Dominican Republic on December 18, 2009 10:42 pm

What type of anesthesia will be used before conducting plastic surgery ?

73. Ironbar on December 19, 2009 4:36 pm

I far as I can remember little girls get better looking when they get older. And with some old camera shot compared to the newer camera shot and I don’t know not like she has fake boobs or a fake butt. I’m sure she does not like we see her in the morning, but I would love to tell you about it. Sorry white people nobody trying to be white.

74. Ironbar on December 19, 2009 4:36 pm

wow that was some bad typing sorry

75. Jill on December 26, 2009 3:42 pm

WHY would she want her skin lighter when she was light skinned from the beginning. And her nose, well she grew up. maybe she got a little nose job to TAKE OFF extra tishu from the sides. but thats it. and plus she wants extentions then she wants it. Its here desision. and plus shes not trying to be white or black cause shes BOTH. I love alicia. She shouldnt be listening to those haters.

76. Jill on December 26, 2009 3:43 pm

scratch that. SHE WOULD NEVER USE PLASTIC SURGERY

77. Cat on January 4, 2010 4:22 pm

Segregation is alive and well. Will it ever end? Dr. King must be so proud.

When will humanity ever learn that there is no such thing as “race”? Don’t believe me? Look it up. Fact of the matter remains is that human beings originated in Africa, and the color of your skin is based on an ALLELE. Get over it, get an education, and stop being an ignoramus.

78. Pinoy Pride on January 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Simply amazing!!! I definitely love reading your insight and learning from your blogsite. Thank you for the interesting and informative article. – Pinoy Pride

79. maria on January 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Does your nose get slim and higher as a child?
      how is there a way to make your nose slim without plastic surgery? I heard from someone its a true belief because not tring to be racist or anything but people with bigger nostrils or a big nose. buddhism belief (people with big nostrils is most likely to flush away their money or spill it in life.) Research says people with smaller nostrils is most likely to saving their money its really true.

80. basia on January 29, 2010 9:39 pm

unbelievable!!! what is your problem people? what is wrong with having a plastic surgery? I just can’t get it when journalists make those stupid comments about celebrities who improved their looks. yes its very obvious that Alicia had a nose job and she looks much more beautiful as a result of it. such a pity that some people are so narrow minded and still cannot accept the fact that we have 21st century and cosmetic surgeries are normal and available even for ordinary people, let alone celebrities.

81. glitterball on February 7, 2010 3:57 am

Alicia is mixed Jamaican… Not black-black…

82. ann on July 16, 2010 6:11 am

alicia is stunning… and i adore her looks inact im always trying to look like her.. well not completely but m copying the style as well

83. I am who I am on August 1, 2010 8:12 pm

I am a black sister, dark in complexion and proud. Alicia Keys changing her nose doesn’t have anything to do with anyone but herself. It is her personal choice. I don’t believe there is anything wrong with wanting to be what YOU believe is a better you. So if getting a nose job or a breast enhancement, or anything else she decides to do to herself makes her happy who are we to tell her she is any less black than she is? No one. It’s her personal choice. She looks in that mirror everyday and sees her reflection not you. So if you don’t like it, don’t follow her.

84. biziet on August 5, 2010 1:07 pm

It cracks me up how if a person has mixed black/white parentage, that we blacks insist that they identify as black, or at least as mixed—as if they have no right to choose to identify as white. It also cracks me up that a white girl can have a broader nose and get plastic surgery, to thin it, and the worst she’s seen as is vain. But if a black girl does it, it’s because she wants to be “white.” As if white people are the only ones in the world who have thinner noses. I know some black girls who were born with thin noses, so what…? Are they not black because of it?

85. what on August 29, 2010 3:29 am

IT is so ridiculous that they’re pointing out that this nose job is at odds with her heritage. Nose jobs for ALL people are at odds with their heritage! Nobody wants to be themself. Everyone wants to be the perfect “race”

86. blackisbeautiful on September 10, 2010 7:59 am

The problem here is that why are people of other races accepting the white standard of beauty as their own? I mean white people are not getting plastic surgery to make their noses flat or their eyes slanted like the Asians? People wake up! We black people are beautiful whether we have broad, bulbous noses or kinky hair! There is beauty in every race!

87. Jemma on September 22, 2010 11:42 am

BOTH Alicia and Beyonce were prettier with their bigger “blacker” noses! How depressing she that Alicia got a nose job. I have a white mom/ black dad too, and i have a totally chunky nose, and you will find that a large percentage of mixed people have a nose that reflects African ancestry …and Alicia’s nose no longer reflects African ancestry. I think that is sad. I am so TIRED of black and mixed women getting noses to reflect a more Caucvasian beauty.It is true there are different kind of noses “out of Africa” but in general, overall we tend to have round, chunky, big, cute noses. I feel we disrespect ourselves by doing this. If you want to see NATURAL black women watch Tyler Perry movies…I love how he seems to appreciate a non-cut black woman’s face.

88. Jemma on September 22, 2010 11:52 am

To Basia– NO Alicia does NOT look “much more beautiful as a result” of her plastic surgery! Are we looking at teh same photo? I see in the “bofore” shot a strikingly pretty young woman. That is WITH her rounder, more ethnic nose…the after shot yes she is still pretty but to say “more” pretty no, in fact I think she’s be prettier if she’d kept her old nose. What *I* am tired of is people like you saying these black/mixed celebrities look prettier after they have erased or morphed their most dominant African feature. To look, yes, whiter. And same goes for Beyonce — she was prettier with her rounder, bigger “Blacker” nose. They were both absolutely beautiful young women pre-surgery, with their bigger, African influenced noses, they have not been improved upon, if anything they have been cut down to a less -pretty size. I am proud to represent my ancestors on my black side, and understanding that Black IS Beautiful, by keeping my nose how it is.

89. Soji on September 22, 2010 12:06 pm

The fact is, black women change the features of their noses to be more in step with a white nose. this is problematic,as there is no black nose prototype that is considered desirable, period. The “perfect” nose is a white nose prototype. so, this is why some of us don’t like this trend amongst black celebrities.

people who try to compare the white quest for beauty with the black quest for beauty are not comparing something similar. black women as a whole have never been a beauty standard.
      angelina jolie gets more talk on her lips than every black woman celebrity COMBINED, when black women invented big lips. there’s a different history to it than what you are thinking. black women are finally coming into our own …and i would like to be able to bring our noses with us. (along with our hair ….but that is another story…)

90. Betty on January 1, 2011 12:09 pm

I could careless for AKeys honestly. Love her music but can careless rather or not she wants to be white. If she does or anyone else have issues such as needs to get some help. About her wearing weave, everyone in hollywood wears extensions, from white to hispanic. And about somone mentioning that biracial blacks can grow their hair but not mono blacks is so stupid. I have long hair and I am dark skinned, with no other race in my blood but the black race.Also to the one who said balck hair is not weaker you are wrong. Eeven without chemicals,black hair is weaker due to kinky afro texture hair is drier than someone with stright hair and dry hair breaks faster than moisterized hair. The natural oils from your scalp takes alot longer, and harder, for it to make its way down the hair shaft of kinky afro textured hair. It’s easier to grow long hair when your hair is naturally striaght because the oil make its way down the shaft easier.

Nice blog by the way it really generated disscusion. Nothing wrong with healthy disscusion.

91. Jo-Jo on January 17, 2011 4:32 pm

Even though I don’t really care for A. Keys (though I do enjoy her music), I’m not sure she’s had a nose job. I have a big nose and it used to seem a lot bigger when I was younger. Now, I barely even think about it as being too big anymore. It’s still big but I’ve grown into it. Alicia might have done the same.

92. Mapoule on April 22, 2012 8:51 am

God ! I just can’t recognise her !
      I am a bit disapointed, anyway,
      she is self confident which is to
      me, the sexiest thing (when it’s natural)
      Sorry for my english ;)
      Beautiful nose job.

93. Mapoule on April 22, 2012 9:01 am

She used to be called lelow I guess
      cause of her yellow skin tone.
      Make up and light I beleive, I don’t see her
      as a girl who would lighten her skin, but we
      do not know her for sure, I guess the pressure
      make you do thing you would not do as
      a not famous person.
      Remember Whitney Houston called oreo
      That’s a role she was asked to play, and certainly
      not this one only. CAN you say no to that ?
      When you start, you just can’t.

94. Mapoule on April 22, 2012 9:09 am

Let me say that in Africa, you have women with extremely
      fine features,” white” like we call it, and it’s totally natural.
      This standard do exist in Africa, you would be amazed to
      see it. Black is not a standard, Africa is not a country, it sounds
      silly, but once tou travelled you don’t see people the same way,
      you get to know them.

95. Mapoule on April 22, 2012 9:22 am

GIA
      I do agree.

96. Maria on August 18, 2012 12:52 am

Why when white people get plastic surgery it’s not a big deal but when a black person do it, it’s self loathing. That’s just double standard.