• Beaches star Barbara Hershey recently broke up with Lost star Naveen Andrews, 21-years her junior. Makemeheal.com noticed that in all the photos of the couple when they were together, the age difference doesn’t show, likely because of Barbara’s history with plastic surgery.

62-year old Barbara Hershey isn’t the big screen diva she once was, but she still looks the same as ever, if a little more plasticized. The brown-haired beauty has admitted to using collagen injections in her lips in the late 1980s, shortly before Beaches. Since then, it seems that Barbara has continued to use fillers, despite criticism from fans and experts, as her face looks consistently full and plastic.

Board certified Manhattan plastic surgeon Dr. David Shafer says, “Barbara Hersey does look like she has had fillers – the prolonged effect of them may be due to products such a silicone.  However, it is hard to tell.  If she had silicone or some other permanent filler, it is very difficult if not impossible to remove.  Time will tell.”

Barbra & Naveen Breakup, Plastic Surgery

In addition to fillers, Barbara may also have had a facelift, giving her a slightly tight look.

Dr. Paul S. Nassif, a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon and a rhinoplasty specialist in Beverly Hills, California, says, “Barbara Hershey appears to have had a facelift, along with Botox and facial fillers. The facelift has given her face a slightly tight appearance. She may have had filler injected into her lips as well.”

Miami plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Salzhauer says, “Barbara Hershey’s lips seem disproportionately large and full for her face.  Her forehead is remarkably smooth, presumably from Botox Injections.”

While Barbara hasn’t been doing mainstream films, she spends quite a bit of time in front of the camera, with her youthful face, and fans can look forward to Black Swan, out later this year.

Read the complete plastic surgery profile of Barbara Hershey on Plasticopedia, the largest online celebrity plastic surgery encyclopedia.

Shop for Plastic Surgery & Beauty Products

Ask Plastic Surgeons Questions & Get Answers

SUBSCRIBE to our Celebrity Plastic Surgery Gossip Newsletter

Comments

1. Darian Zam on July 19, 2010 6:22 pm

It was Tune in Tomorrow (1990) when she suddenly appeared with new lips and the media made a big deal about it at the time.

2. Jack2211 on January 26, 2011 11:17 pm

She looks great in Black Swan — she doesn’t have noticeable lines or wrinkles but her face doesn’t look botoxed, filled, burnt, sand-blasted or stretched. She looked much more human (and more beautiful) than I remember her looking back in the early 90s. Wow.

3. Natasha on January 31, 2011 10:46 am

I have just seen Barbara as Natalie Portman’s screen mother in ‘The Black Swan’ and was absolutely horrified by her appearance. She looks grotesque, artificial, with a ‘stretched’ appearance which makes her look like a mannequin. I cannot believe some of the comments of admiration which have been submitted, she looks awful and so artificial. Her face is so paralysed with botox and fillers that she seemed incapable of any expressive facial movements whatsoever; it was as though she was wearing a hideous mask. This is the consequence of being unable to accept the natural process of ageing with dignity, what a shallow, vain woman she must be. She should take a leaf out of Catherine Deneuve’s or Vanessa Redgrave’s book, although it seems that she’s too late for that which is a great shame. Hideous!

4. Natasha on January 31, 2011 10:48 am

If you want to look like a catatonic, paralysed fish then use Barbara as a role model.

5. Uppity on February 6, 2011 3:31 pm

The scariest thing about Black Swan was Barbara Hershey’s face. But actually, her surgically altered face fit the character, of a faded ex-ballerina. No doubt the director had that in mind when he cast her.

6. S Macleod on February 12, 2011 12:26 am

I was surprised when I saw B Hershey in Black Swan, the wrinkles around her mouth and the tightness of her cheekbones were a major shock. She has definitely had eye fold surgery.
      I suppose I was expecting to see her gorgeous face a la “Beaches” but something awful has happened in the intervening years.

7. S Macleod on February 12, 2011 12:32 am

I must however add that I think Barbara is a beautiful woman with an amazing physique and a remarkable face. I am inclined to think that she was made up to appear more aged than she actually is, and I still think she is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Andrea on February 18, 2011 5:19 pm

I agree with Natasha – when I saw Barbara in Black Swan I was shocked by the change in her face – she used to be gorgeous, a natural beauty – now she looks tight, stretched & plastic. Why not age gracefully? She looked much better before.

9. RH on February 21, 2011 1:28 pm

I agree w/ Natasha & Andrea. (What’s wrong w/ you Barbara?! You were a natural beauty. Now you’ve self-destructed thru thinking you can somehow improve on Mother Nature. A shame.)

10. Thomas on May 11, 2012 2:00 am

Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I’m 64?