• Fans of the first all-female rock band the Go-Gos may hardly recognize lead singer Belinda Carlisle these days, as she looks so pinched and pulled. Despite her denials, Make Me Heal believes that the 49-year old has undergone multiple plastic surgery procedures.

Belinda Carlisle Plastic Surgery

After posing for Playboy at the age of 43, Belinda Carlisle said, “I’m lucky. These are real cheekbones and I’m hoping they’e going to hold up my face up for a while yet. Surgery scares me. You can lose all the personality in your face. I think people look at me and see a survivor.” As for her Playboy shots, she said, “I’m happy with my body but I have to work hard at it — and it’s getting harder. As you get older it’s difficult to keep track of all the stuff that’s going south.”

But her completely wrinkle-free forehead and lack of sagging skin seem to say differently. Belinda has always had an exceptionally small nose and high cheekbones, but in the early picture, you can almost see the start of jowls, which should have drooped further, but have been completely eradicated. A possible explanation for Belinda’s youthfulness is a mini-facelift, which treats the facial structure and ensures no sagging around the neck or jaw and an overall tighter, more youthful facial appearance.

Belinda also has a very dewy and smooth complexion for someone past middle age, leading Make Me Heal to suspect that she’s gotten laser skin treatments, like Fraxel, CoolTouch, or Active Fx and injectable fillers, like Botox, Juvederm, Restalyne to further eradicate wrinkles. Her lips are also very full for an older woman, especially the lower lip, making it seem likely that she had her lips augmented with injections.

Belinda also doesn’t have any of the bags under her eyes or loose eyelids of many 49-years old, making it seem that she may have had eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) on both her upper and lower lids. In addition, often even when the face is in good shape, the neck is a good way to tell a person’s true age, but Belinda’s neck is taut as can be, the result of a possible neck lift.

While hard to believe, if Belinda’s claims of aging naturally without surgery are true, and she hasn’t go-goed to the plastic surgeon, then the skincare products in her adopted country of France, where she currently lives, are truly remarkable and she must spend hours a day exercising and not eating any of the local cuisine. Somehow, however, this theory just doesn’t hold up very well.

Despite the onslaught of plastic surgery that Belinda Carlisle has had, she’s made the most of it to make us believe that a comeback tour of the Go-go’s might still appeal to some fans. Just a word of caution, she should lay off the knife for a while if she wants to remain normal-looking.

Read the complete celebrity plastic surgery profile of Belinda Carlisle on Plasticopedia, the largest celebrity plastic surgery encyclopedia.

Comments

1. Phillip on July 31, 2008 6:15 am

Come on, leave her alone!!!!!!!

If she said so much times that she never had a plastic surgery, we have to trust her. And I believe that it’s true, she would never lie!

You

2. Phillip on July 31, 2008 6:16 am

You are just envious because she still looks so good at the age of 49. She maybe used botox, but no plastic surgery. I’d just like to see you at that age. Unfortunately, there even won’t be any plastic surgery which could help YOU. ROTFL

3. Alex on September 9, 2008 1:15 am

Oh come on. She definitely chopped her nose. Look at the pic on the left. And then look at the right. NOT the same nose. It definitely made her uglier.

4. Willyb on October 7, 2008 1:02 pm

Well I’m glad I didn’t marry her if she looks like that now.

5. BV on October 11, 2008 8:50 am

Not that she would have ever taken a guy like you, Willyb. Wishful thinking! She’s a queen and looks 1000 times better than all her detractors. Have you looked at yourselves in the mirror lately, envious guys?

6. JuJu on October 24, 2008 10:00 am

Leave her alone, she’s beautiful!
      >:I

7. Pat on December 16, 2008 7:39 pm

Good grief. The candid photo on the right catches her squinting in mid-expression, so of COURSE it isn’t flattering. She’s been publicly candid about using botox, skin treatments, and fillers. And she’s always had unusual features — tiny nose, full lips, angular bone structure, etc. But for fans who have watched her mature these past three decades, it’s obvious she hasn’t gone under the knife yet for any major procedures. One can find promo/candid photos of virtually any celeb and label them “before/after.”

8. Spanish Eddie on December 21, 2008 5:14 am

ANY woman her age with full sunlight on her face, little or no make up and possibly a cold (and maybe about to sneeze) could look like that. Just put some of those pictures taken at home when you just wake up -those ones you forbid your friends to show- and we will tell you how much surgery and botox you have on your face. Come on. In spanish Belinda rhymes with Linda=Cute, and she IS that, despite your envy.

9. Meme on January 14, 2009 6:39 pm

she is gorgeous! of course you should be envious… She’s a real rocker therefore she rocks…

10. Charles on February 17, 2009 9:14 pm

I am a Belinda fan, and I agree that particular picture does Belinda no justice at all. However, if you take a look at every other pic of Belinda as at today, including the normal photos of her on her facebook, she looks absolutely stunning for a 50 year old, even if she has had a little botox here and there. I agree with most people’s comments here. Compare photos of Belinda as a teen to pics of her now and she has the exact same facial structure including nose, lips and cheeks that she did back then! Of recent times, anyone who saw her on Rock the Cradle will vouch for how stunning she is and recent photos from her rehearsals for Dancing with the Stars further support that.

Go-Go Belinda!!! :)

11. sonic on February 21, 2009 6:13 am

At her age she’s so gorgeus!!! leave her alone………! i love a lotttt ……La Luna song…. ViVa Belinda!!!!!!

12. karen on March 18, 2009 4:36 pm

she’s had work done. those of you that think otherwise are living in a dream world.

take it from one that knows her from the days before her being a go-go or dolly dagger.

13. Lucy on March 18, 2009 9:38 pm

The pic in the link is from 1986. I don’t see a huge difference, except maybe the eyebrows and makeup. She has always had the same nose and bone structure, and if she’s had Botox, SFW? Who hasn’t? People do it at parties, for cripes sake.

14. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:48 pm

I dont give a crap what she had lifted! She Is FREAKIN HOT! I’ll take her lift or no lift!

15. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:50 pm

Karens just jealous cuz her bitch ass is ugly!

16. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:51 pm

Karen lets see your ugly ass and we’ll tell you you need more than that!

17. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Karens an ugly bitch with a plastic leg!

18. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:53 pm

Karens poor ass is jealous cuz the only people she sings to is her johns!

19. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:55 pm

Karen you glass eyed bitch! Go get the windex for your eye you one legged one eyed bitch!

20. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:56 pm

Whats a matter Wil? She doesnt look like your ass pumped boyfriend you fuckin homo!

21. Mark In Toledo on March 22, 2009 4:59 pm

Anal Alex why dont you go do reach arounds with your boyfriend Wil? Better yet go get pumped in your ass like you did in the joint! LMAO!

22. Natalie on April 22, 2009 12:33 am

Wow. It’s obvious none of the commentators on this subject have seen her Time Life infomercial. She looks positively hideous in that. Normally I like to sit down and watch the Time Life infomercials when they come on, but Belinda looks so bad I can’t bring myself to do it. She was really striking in her younger days but looks to have had several procedures too many. So much so she barely even passes as Belinda Carlisle!

23. JG on May 2, 2009 11:39 pm

Belinda is dramatically distorting her appearance. She had excellent structure naturally, but she’s hooked on altering it. I love her, know her, and worry about her. Here’s what I know she has done , 100% accurate…..She’s been doing botox and collagen for her lips since at least 1996. When she would come to LA to do appaarances, she always went to her dermatologist, Dr. Brussell in Beverly Hills. Dr. Brussell was Belinda’s mother-in-law, Pamela Mason’s, doctor. She’d get collagen in her lips and botox and then always kick herself because she’d barely be able to move her mouth when making these appearances. For example, the VH-1 Behind the Music Go-Go’s special and Lifetime’s Intimate Portrait on her…..she can’t even move her puffy lower lip and it’s like she’s talking with her teeth clenched. And saying things like “I am much more comfortable in my own skin.” Ha ha. About a year ago she stopped doing collagen in the lips and got implants…… She denies everything else she’s doing now, but it’s obvious her brow, cheeks and nose have been tampered with. In a reversal however, Belinda had her breast implants removed about a year and a half ago because they were not aging well. She had those put in around 1989.
      Look at the promo pics for her new album , “voila’”….. she looks like a monkey. or Priscilla Presley.
      STOP BELINDA!!! YOU’RE LOOKING FREAKY!!!

24. JG on May 2, 2009 11:42 pm

Also, if anyone really thinks that is her body in Playboy, they’re nuts. Photoshopped massively or someone else’s body with here head super imposed…. believe me.

25. DJ Cocas on May 30, 2009 9:22 am

Oh God! What is the purpose of this “article”?

26. AnaMarie on April 12, 2010 8:11 pm

Who cares is right! WTF..if I had the damn money I’d do the same thing! LOL! How come there’s not much of a big deal when some guy from Hollywood does the same thing(botox, plastic surgery, etc..)?

27. Steven on May 2, 2010 10:24 pm

I have followed this woman since the age of 16 and have always been captivated by her unique vocals as well as the fact she is one of the rare artists who clearly feels what she sings and didn’t follow Madonna’ s sleeze factor and all you chuckleheads can do is talk smack about the possibilities of a possible facelift??? You must lead a miserable existence.

28. Tyler on August 13, 2011 2:14 pm

I love Belinda Carlisle, but she did have some work done. I don’t care either way, but when I hadn’t seen her in the spotlight for awhile then photos emerged I hardly recognized her. Don’t get me wrong she looks great and I have all her albums, I’m gonna catch the go-go’s at the greek, so this is not a slam against her. She’s beautiful either way. And I love her sexy, sultry voice.

29. mark on October 18, 2011 10:33 pm

i think she looks good for an older woman…what man wouldnt love to have a woman like her at her age..we all get older,,,deal with it and youth stop picking on the older,,your all going to be there in the same situation..if it was a more flattering pic no one would be saying anything..we all have bad pics of us…worry about things that are more important