• 43-year old Brooke Shields looks as young as she did when nothing got between her and her Calvins, leading Make Me Heal to wonder if plastic surgery is at play.

Brooke Shields, Plastic Surgery

Brooke Shields has recently admitted to having mental health disorders, including post-partum depression. She has blamed another mental illness, claustrophobia, on not being a good candidate for plastic surgery.

Brooke says, “I tried, like, Botox in my forehead… I got so claustrophobic. I would get claustrophobia if I had breast implants. I’d be like, ‘Get them out, get them out.’ My husband’s very upset about that though. “It’s a very foreign, man-made object in your body… I’m also attached to my face. It’s been around in the public eye for so long.”

Maybe she hasn’t had anything put in, but she does seem to be looking a little tightened up lately.

Plastic surgeon Dr. John Di Saia tells Make Me Heal, “I recall seeing relatively recent images of her looking a little “pulled.” Face work of some sort is likely.”

Brooke may not have had any injections, but she does look like she’s had work done. She may have had the new facelift, like Madonna (See Make Me Heal’s story on Madonna’s facelift). The new way to do facelifts combines surgical tightening of the skin and underlying muscles with fat grafting where self-donated fat is added to create volume on the face and restore youthfulness. She may also use laser treatments like Active FX or Fraxel to remain youthful.

Before starring on last season’s TV show, Lipstick Jungle, Brooke had stayed out of the spotlight. Her new appearance could be so that she looks as fit and fresh as her slightly younger co-stars, Kim Raver and Lindsay Price.

Brooke looks great, but it seems like if she’s been open about her mental health issues, she could be open about her appearance as well.

Read the complete celebrity plastic surgery profiles of Brooke Shields on Plasticopedia, the largest celebrity plastic surgery encyclopedia.

Comments

1. Michael on August 21, 2008 8:17 pm

Are you crazy? Brooke Shields has tons of wrinkles, as well as, loose skin on her chin and neck. She definitely looks like she’s in her 40s. You must be looking at retouched photos like the one accompanying this article. Check out the new issue of InStyle Makeover with Brooke on the cover. The cover has her wrinkles retouched away. On the inside they left them. At most, she could have had Botox in her forehead. Everything else shows gravity and sun damage.

2. Julia on August 25, 2008 6:09 pm

Why do people expect a 43-year old woman to look like a haggard bag? If you stay out of the sun and refrain from smoking, you won’t have that many wrinkles at 43. And in any case, with all the photo retouching that’s done these days, you can’t look at a photo and tell what “work” someone has had done. That work may have been done on the computer.

3. Lori on January 10, 2009 8:37 am

she looked really weird in the nose/eyebrow area the last time I watched Lipstick Jungle. It was very obvious! and the next epidsode it wasnt there anymore. it was like the top of her nose, inbetween her eyes, was way smaller that it used to be, or something happened to her eyebrows. I dont know. Weird.

4. amina on April 26, 2009 8:20 am

i love her
      shes so beatiful
      brooke 4 ever

5. BloughMee (china) on April 30, 2009 8:44 pm

Well I don’t think they can airbrush her on TV can they? She was on Kimmel tonight and looked great, at least 10 yrs younger than her age, and It’s not surgery, it’s because she is immortal. So SHOVE IT A-HOLES. Anyone who disses our NATIONAL TREASURE BROOKE – even a little – deserves to be water-boarded UN-AMERICAN TERRORISTS – EAT $H!T and DIE.

6. Kim on May 15, 2009 5:55 pm

I just saw her the other day on some commercial and my first thought was OMG what did she do to her face. She has had surgery recently. No question!

7. Kelly on May 24, 2009 1:51 pm

Heck, I hope she _has_ had some work! I used to watch Lipstick Jungle and think how tired she was looking. She and I are the same age, and I’m certainly no Brooke Shields, but I’ve had a full facelift, upper and lower blepharoplasty, submental lipo, and lots of Botox and fillers. I exercise like a demon, too. With all her money, there’s no excuse in my looking younger than her.

8. 4crew on June 2, 2009 2:51 am

I agree, why do people expect everyone to look haggard once they hit their 40′s. I believe she is all natural. She looks like she is aging (and beautifully). I see aging, and it is fine.

9. thisbe777 on June 2, 2009 9:53 am

kim – i saw that same commercial – her eyebrows were stretched halfway back to her hairline. she looked like a vulcan…

10. vivian westwood on June 28, 2009 7:57 pm

I love her new face , she was looking old, I hate old people.

11. America1st on July 8, 2009 2:11 pm

It’s too bad all you guys have to do is cretique other people and their looks. Get a real life. The bottom line, if you don’t like yourself for who you are, you’ll never find real happiness.

12. Nilton Oliveira on July 9, 2009 4:04 am

Nossa, apesar do momento, você continua muito bonita e muito charmosa..

Grande Beijo

Sou seu fã

13. RealityCheck on August 23, 2009 10:18 pm

I was just thinking the other day how much better she’s been looking lately, as in far more natural and less tight in the face, yet somehow younger looking too. She looked terrific at the Jackson thing in LA, despite crying her eyes out. What a cool chick, still, after all these years.

14. not a hater on September 24, 2009 7:55 am

For those of us who remember Brooke in her modeling years in her teens, her eyelids and eyes look so different from back then, there’s less there than there used to be and I don’t think it helped her any, before she was so beautiful and natural. One day about 8 years ago I saw her in a magazine ad and noticed the eyes and temple area were different. Notice she didn’t give a definitive “no” to never having surgery, she answered around it. It’s too bad society gives in to plastic surgery, as if looks count more than personality.

15. blephhollows on January 1, 2014 11:37 pm

Looks like she had a blepharoplasty. Her eyes are deeper set now and a bit hollow looking and her eyebrows look lower than they were. She appears to have has less space now between her upper eyelids and her eyebrows. So much more beautiful before surgery, damn plastic surgery!