• As the popular TV show Scrubs prepares to switch channels and it comes to end, Make Me Heal investigates the plastic surgery of one the show’s wittiest characters, Christa Miller, who plays the ex-wife of caustic Dr. Cox.

Christa Miller, Botox

Since her turn on the Drew Carey Show, Christa has begun to appear increasing plastic, from breasts to lips. 44-year old Christa has fallen face first into Hollywood’s perfectly plastic trap, turning her cute, quirky face into something filled and fake.

On the show, the character Christa plays often jokes about using Botox, making Christa’s face seem like an example of life imitating art. In reality, Christa’s face doesn’t move, indicating an overuse of Botox. Her face also looks much fuller than it used to, indicating the use of fat grafting or cheek implants. The perpetually full look of her lips is the result of a lip filler like Restylane. Also worthy of note is the newly opened up look of her eyes, indicating a likely upper blepharoplasty.

On his blog, plastic surgeon Dr. Anthony Youn notes, “It appears to me that she has had her lips injected with a filler, likely Restylane, and she may have had fat grafting to her cheeks or possibly cheek implants. She also appears to have been Botox’ed and had a blepharoplasty, opening up her upper eyelids.”

Christa is a great comedic talent and although she has a plastic look, it has served her well in her appearances on Scrubs. Up next for Christa may be turn on Cougar Town, a sitcom rumored to be in the works by her husband and Scrubs creator Bill Lawrence and starring Courtney Cox, another victim of Botox (See Make Me Heal’s story on Courteney Cox’s Botox overuse).

Although Make Me Heal prefers a more natural look resulting from plastic surgery, we applaud Christa’s ability to mock her herself and look forward to her next project.

Read the complete plastic surgery profile of Christa Miller on Plasticopedia, the largest online celebrity plastic surgery encyclopedia.

See Before & After Lip Augmentation Photos

Shop for Plastic Surgery & Beauty Products

Comments

1. Julie on February 19, 2009 7:04 am

I had only recently started watching Scrubs in the past year. As I went through the seasons, I was horrified with the evidently real change in Jordan (Christa’s) face! It was expressionless — one of the best things about an actor or actress is how the expression on their face changes, and hers hardly does. It’s awful. She was so pretty and now she looks really wan and not as present.

2. joe on September 30, 2009 5:44 pm

should see her on cougar town, disgusting.
      I used to think she was pretty, not any more.

3. jackie on September 30, 2009 6:27 pm

JOE — I was thinking the same thing!!! I recognized the voice but I was thinking there was NO way that was Christi Miller….her face is an example of plastic surgery GONE WRONG.

4. Mike on October 21, 2009 7:32 am

I came across this site because I did a search to find out if my suspicions of surgery were correct. I used to think she was really pretty and then I’ve been seeing her on ‘Cougartown’ and she looks terrible.

5. dee on October 23, 2009 5:51 am

looks like she used Priscilla Presleys surgeon… not a good look!

6. Karen on October 25, 2009 10:55 am

You should see her on Cougartown. She looks 10x worse than the photos shown above.

7. patoots on November 5, 2009 10:19 am

I found this site when I was looking to see what the f happened to her face. I can’t even watch Cougartown, I am so distracted by her face. She was soooooooooooo much cuter without all the plastic. Dumb Hollywood.

8. Paulina Poland on November 18, 2009 3:16 am

Od razu zauważyłam, że sie zmieniała… I really like her….:)

9. Bryant on November 18, 2009 6:48 pm

Hilarious. My wife and I said the exact same thing. She looks TERRIBLE now. I used to think she was so attractive. I was thinking, “Maybe she was in a car wreck or something?” Nope, just Hollywood dumbness.

10. Diego on November 19, 2009 9:01 pm

It’s pretty obvious that she had some work done but she doesn’t look bad, at least she doesn’t have wrinkles, her mouth looks weird but not bad, she looks pretty, I mean isn’t she like 45?? But she doesn’t look as amazing as Marcia Cross, I can’t believe how young she looks and shes 47ish

11. Gabe on November 20, 2009 10:35 am

My girlfriend didn’t even believe me when I said that the girl on scrubs is the same girl that was on Drew Carey years back. She was really pretty. I wonder if she lost the ability to cry because she can’t do much else in terms of facial expressions.

12. mat on December 19, 2009 10:51 am

i dont care, if given the chance i would demolish kate obrian(christa miller). i would insist she use the name kate when given the chance.

13. megs on February 3, 2010 7:15 pm

I just googled, “what happened to Crista miller’s face?” because she looks so awkward and plastic and frozen. i was not surprised that she had so much plastic sx, but holey cow! I agree with the posts above! If they can rebuild noses and transplant faces, maybe she can get hers fixed back to normal??

14. Fred on February 5, 2010 9:02 am

I agree with the comments above. I noticed a big change in Christa Miller’s face as the seasons of “Scrubs” progressed. Her lips now look absolutely disgusting. It’s such a shame as she used to be really pretty. Yes this is true Hollywood stupidity.

15. Forgetful on March 10, 2010 5:00 pm

I like Cougartown, but I just can’t look at Christa Miller. I have an “eeewww” look on my face when I look at her. And she used to be so cute…why, oh why do they do this? It must be horrible to feel so bad about yourself.

16. Lisa on April 8, 2010 8:16 pm

OMG!!! She looks like she had the same plastic surgeon as Mickey Rhoarke, Joan Rivers, and Pricilla Presley!! Yikes, stear clear of that one, these people now really do look horrible. I am sad for her because she is so funny but looks so unattractive now, she should have stayed away from the surgeon.

17. Jenny on June 9, 2010 6:00 pm

I just googled “what is wrong with Christa Miller’s face” because I watch cougartown and like others have said, I keep getting distracted trying to figure out what the problem is. Her upper lip doesn’t move *at all* and her eyebrows look like they are trying to move, but keep getting stuck in cement or something. She just looks like every other actress these days. They all look the same… why can’t they see that everyone’s imperfections are part of what make us US! And the worst part is that at the end of the day they all look like they abused themselves via a surgeon. It’s like they are wearing their self-hatred for us all to see. So sad. (Meg Ryan comes to mind as another example….) They are making themselves irrelevant.

18. Cindy on September 20, 2010 2:17 pm

Bill Lawrence tries so hard to tout his 6’3″ manly looking wife as some hot chick. She has zero sex appeal according to my male roomates and is a boring actress.

19. Cindy on October 22, 2010 12:43 pm

She’s too husky, big and masculine to have full pouty lips. She isn’t sexy enough to pull this off. Terri Hatcher yes, but on Christa Miller it’s laughable!

20. Goodfella on December 8, 2010 5:13 am

I started watching Scrubs about a month ago, at first i thought Miller was pretty hot but at around season 3-4 it’s obvious something has changed about her face. Her mouth. Now she looks like a damn clown, why did she do that ?? Now she’s damn expressionless and ugly. Disgusting.

21. Samantha on December 27, 2010 1:09 am

I first saw her on Cougar Town and I never knew she was on the Drew Carey Show because it’s not on the air anymore (and im not that old so i didn’t watch it when it aired). But anyway on Cougar Town I thought she was really, really pretty and this is when I had never seen her in her younger years. Then my mom told me that she used to be very pretty before, so I googled her and I was like,”damn! shes WAS gorgeous! Even more gorgeous than now!” So I figured, well its been several years, people age, some not so gracefully, but you gotta live with it. BUT, after watching so many episodes of Cougar Town I realized how INCREDIBLY different her face was from before and obviously she’s had botox done. So just knowing that she purposefully changed her face and cut stuff off and added nasty shit is disappointing because she could’ve been beautiful without all that. But then again, there could’ve been all the pressures of looking perfect, being a celebrity and all, so I don’t blame her completely. But, man, i wish she hadn’t done it. I mean, shes still freaking gorgeous now, just… probably not as gorgeous as she could’ve been, you know?
      PLUS, they gotta make her wear hipper clothes on that show! She’s got the body!! The boring outfits she wears makes her seem older than she really is.