• Suzy Amis has an acting career of her own, but she’s best known for being the wife of Avatar director James Cameron. Unlike many Hollywood wives, Suzy doesn’t get dolled up for the red carpet, nor does she look to have been under the knife.

Recently turned 48, former model turned actress Suzy doesn’t look like she has cut her hair in years, but she may have had a little Botox injected into her smooth forehead.

Botox would be the only cosmetic procedure Suzy looks to have had at a recent premiere of Avatar. The strawberry blond could use some work to get rid of the wrinkles on her lower face, including a necklift and facelift. She may also benefit from some work around the eyes to make her appear less sleepy, with a browlift and eyelid surgery on her upper lid.

Suzy Amis, Plastic Surgery

Board certified Manhattan plastic surgeon Dr. David Shafer says, ““It does not look like Suzy Amis has had any plastic surgery, except possibly Botox Cosmetic.  However, her pictures from the AVATAR premiere sure look like she would benefit greatly from a neck and facelift.  She could also use a lateral brow lift and an upper lid blepharoplasty.”

Suzy has maintained her model figure well, but she is beginning to show her age and may want to have plastic surgery if she is considering a return to the big screen.

Read the complete celebrity plastic surgery profile of Suzy Amis on Plasticopedia, the largest celebrity plastic surgery encyclopedia.

Shop for Plastic Surgery & Beauty Products

Ask Plastic Surgeons Questions & Get Answers

Comments

1. fasterwhatever on January 14, 2010 3:55 pm

She’s absolutely beautiful just the way she is, and it is pretty weird to me for doctors to go around publicly giving unsolicited elective surgery diagnosis for individuals, even if they are public figures.

2. fasterwhatever on January 14, 2010 4:11 pm

correction… I said “diagnosis” when I meant “recommendations”

3. morpheus jones on March 6, 2010 1:57 pm

She’s a sick anorexic and needs help!

4. elly on March 7, 2010 3:46 pm

she looks anorexic and not the least bit healthy. I’m over 50 and look about 20 years younger than she does at 48.

5. david on March 7, 2010 9:35 pm

every time the camera showed her my wife & I were reuplsed !!…my god !!….48 !!!!?????????? she looks
      very ill…I came on the internet immediately after the show
      to see if she had a terminal disease

6. Steve on March 7, 2010 10:34 pm

She just needs to gain some weight. Her skin is loose because she’s so thin.

7. me on March 8, 2010 12:25 am

eat a damn sandwich!!!

8. carol on March 8, 2010 1:43 am

She is gorgeous. But common with all those wrinkles? She has to be late 50′s. I still dont believe in plastic surgery as she is a knock out with wrinkles or without

9. Marlo on March 8, 2010 6:46 am

How ’bout she EATS something to start? She looks like she’s starving to death! She’s too damned SKINNY! There are all kinds of extremes to the continuim of normal type of behavior — too much “work” on ones looks is silly and too little care about how one looks is stupid – especially when you have the best make up people in the world at your fingertips and the money to invest in using them. I’m 10 years older than Amis, but have less wrinkles, healthier looking skin and better hair. If I were the fifth wife (?) of some philanderer, I’d be more careful with how I look!

10. carpetqueen on March 8, 2010 8:22 am

@carol She’s not in her late 50′s, she 10 years younger than that. Amis is 48. I know blondes age faster (I see that in my contemporaries who are 40), but she did look way underweight last night at the Oscars. And she looked older than Cameron’s ex-wife Bigelow who is 10 years older than her and is in her late 50′s.

11. karen on March 8, 2010 8:36 am

I think Bigelow looked gorgeous and Amis looked skeletal!!

12. Rocky on March 8, 2010 9:33 pm

This is NOT normal aging. It looks like this woman has one foot in the grave. She must be either anorexic or very ill. She looks like James Cameron’s mother, not his wife. I feel very sorry for her.

13. Apet on March 9, 2010 2:24 am

As a recovered anorexic believe me when I say she is anorexic and needs serious help. Best of luck to her.

14. John Stompanato on March 17, 2010 6:49 pm

Suzy Amis has always been a beautiful woman. I’ve always admired her natural beauty on television and movies. She does appear too thin, but still a beautiful person.