• Fans of Bravo’s reality television show, Shear Genius, will recognize judge and celebrity hairstylist Kim Vo. Others may know him for his prevalence on celebrity gossip shows and his appearances on E! The Daily 10. Make Me Heal knows that it takes a lot of plastic surgery work to get Kim looking the way he does.

Kim Vo, Plastic Surgery

From his bleached hair, to his faux tan, Kim is certainly a man who spends a lot of time on his appearance, possibly even more than his celebrity clients, like Britney Spears (See Make Me Heal’s story on Britney Spears). Certainly, he has spent a fair amount of time under the knife altering his French-Vietnamese heritage.

Kim’s lips stand out, so he has certainly had them filled with something. As they are regularly the same big size, but an irregular shape, Make Me Heal suspects that they are filled with long lasting collagen or a permanent filler rather than a temporary dermal filler like Restylane.

To look more Hollywood and less Asian, Kim has likely had an eyelid surgery and a rhinoplasty. Asian double eyelid surgery, as the blepharoplasty procedure is called, makes the eye appear more rounded and double-lidded by having a surgeon implement a crease. It is often complimented with a browlift as well, which may be the case with Kim, especially for patients in their 30′s, which Kim looks to be beyond. He also may have had a canthopexy to reduce excess fat in lower eyelid surgery, which is often performed in conjunction with a browlift.

In addition to having his eyes done, Kim likely also had a nose job to make his nose larger, which is often the goal of Asian rhinoplasty. Both the nose bridge and nasal tip get implants, which, depending upon the discretion of the plastic surgeon, can be either artificial, like silicone, or tissue from the patient.

Jaw reduction and cheek implants are also common Asian cosmetic surgery procedures, but Kim’s jaw and cheeks are very defined, so it is unlikely that he did this. More likely, it looks as though he has lost significant weight since his rise to fame, helping his jaw and cheekbones become more pronounced. He could have had a liposuction procedure, but since his entire body looks reduced, it is unlikely.

Although there is no report of Kim’s age, Make Me Heal judges by his neck, which looks to be the only area above his shoulders he hasn’t worked on, that Kim is in his 40′s and is wrinkle-free thanks to dermal injectables like Botox. He may have also had a facelift or mid-facelift to tighten the area around the nasolabial folds.

He also has very blonde hair for a person who most likely has very dark hair. As it looks to be full and healthy, rather than frizzed out and damaged as bleached hair often is, Kim is clearly a master of his craft.

However, if Kim continues to spend time under the knife and needles, he will likely be better known for his plastic appearance than his great hairstyling.

Read the complete celebrity plastic surgery profile of Kim Vo on Plasticopedia, the largest celebrity plastic surgery encyclopedia.

Comments

1. Krista on August 1, 2008 8:00 am

He looked waaaaaaaaaaay before all the surgery, he was actually a pretty cute guy. Now, he just looks too “done.”

2. savagebubbles on August 6, 2008 1:52 pm

I feel bad for the guy. He was attractive before all the surgery. In fact, when I first saw him on Shear Genius, I thought he was trans-gendered. It’s sad the lengths people will go to in order to present the false facade that is the Hollywood look.

3. gg on October 12, 2008 11:14 pm

There should definitely be a post on Lindsay Price. she’s DEFINITELY gotten things done on her face.

4. Katie on December 26, 2008 5:17 am

What a shame. What makes perfectly nice-looking people alter their face? And what do their parents think, I wonder? I know I’d be so upset if my good-looking children went and did weird things to distort themselves.

5. Alex on December 29, 2008 12:26 am

In response to Katie, Kim’s mom actually has had extensive plastic surgery done her face as well (he introduced her to the Vietnamese community). Like mother like child I guess?

It’s very sad for me a person of Vietnamese heritage to see someone who wants to shed every single ounce of their heritage to become more ______________.

6. Sass on February 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Guy has done major plastic surgery to become more Hollywood. No, he did it to look more white. Asians can see right through all the surgery.

7. Michael on February 20, 2009 11:39 pm

Kim looks like someone bashed him in the face with a frying pan. He looks swollen and so fake. Its Gross !!! Give it up Kim.

8. Emily on February 21, 2009 9:01 pm

He was good looking before…

now he just looks like a creepy Ken doll who can’t move his face at all

9. Patricia on February 23, 2009 3:57 pm

Wow, do any of you actually know him? Because I do and most of this is BS. The difference between the two pics? About 7 years…he is CLEARLY older in the pic taken at the Mirage then the salon pic. Kim dyes his hair for sure and works extremely hard, hence his slender build. Wow people really need to get over themselves!

10. courtney on March 17, 2009 7:59 am

he looks funny

11. Nicole on March 18, 2009 12:09 am

Kim used to be a good looking guy, what the hell was he thinking doing what he did to himself. If you ever seen what Tylo Hunter did to herself also, she was the most beautiful woman ever, and she screwed up her face just as bad, if not worse than Kim Vo’s.

12. Anon on March 19, 2009 4:39 pm

I knew Kim. Met him when he was 16 – I was 18 at the time. I’m nearly 43, so Kim’s 40, maybe 41 max. He had a nose job around 90′ – I remember because I saw him the day after it had been done. The only thing that looks different on him from when I knew him is his hair color and lips. (Yes – I thought he was better looking before.)

13. Anon on March 19, 2009 4:40 pm

Err…. and nose.

14. amanda on March 29, 2009 5:46 pm

ok so I saw kim TODAY (3-29-09) he was standing not even 2 feet from me.. he looks soo much better in person.. really.

15. Megan on May 10, 2009 7:28 am

I agree with Patricia, if you people knew Kim you would know he has a heart of gold. What a shame that you can judge by what you see and the fact you don’t even know him. And I am sure none of you have aged… Leave the talented man alone!

16. Annie on May 12, 2009 2:23 pm

Makes me mad. He was really good looking before.

17. Harry on June 19, 2009 11:43 pm

Patricia,Megan. He may be great guy. Nobody doubts that. But if you can’t tell the difference between normal aging and BLATANT plastic surgery,you need to get your eyes checked! I mean really!

18. Moi on July 3, 2009 10:21 pm

I know him and sadly, it is all an act, from the laugh to the constant smile. He doesn’t really care about those around him, just himself. The process to lighten the hair is just ridiculous and I’m surprised it hasn’t fallen out by now…he barely eats and works too hard (one has to in this economy), and his ‘friends’ joke about “knowing him when he was Asian”. I think he has a “heart of gold” only when something is in it for him (ie; making more gold).

19. lulu on July 8, 2009 1:08 pm

I like the creepy ken doll comment…but wouldn’t it be ‘formerly asian ken doll”?

20. matt on September 1, 2009 12:38 pm

i dont get you guys.. he looks perfectly fine after his plastic surgery and barely any diffrent, btw moi your comments probbly bullshit hes just a hairstylist no one gives a shit what he looks like

21. Melissa on February 4, 2010 11:43 pm

He was actually rather attractive BEFORE he had the surgerys. IDK why he thought he needed to mess with his face.

22. Jess on February 6, 2010 9:02 am

So sad to see someone trying to look “more white” He’s another Michael Jackson. To those of you who say he looks fine, you just don’t understand the “bigger picture” of what everyone is trying to say. Ignorance is bliss I guess…lol I don’t watch SHEAR GENIUS anymore, the new host is terrible! Looks great but lacks personality and can’t even speak/articulate properly.

23. Chica2ool on February 9, 2010 5:20 pm

Total shame what he did-looked much better before. Shear genius has changed as well. Camila’s english is horrible and Jonathan is simply unbearable.

24. PoohA on March 10, 2010 8:58 pm

Kim Vo Looks awful, and he has nerve to be a “judge” of someone else. He looks a pure mess. U can tell he thinks he looks good by his mannerisms, but he like the “Joker”.

25. pleeeeaaase on March 18, 2010 1:10 am

Thanks for the Michael Jackson comparison it was the first thing that jumped into to my head as the pictures loaded on this page. It is so similar it is freaky.
      It is the “my face has melted” look and no one can deny it. You are really deluded to argue the changes are just natural aging btw lips loose fullness with age they do not swell. I don’t need to look at “before” pictures to tell you this face was molded and manipulated.
      No Octoperson, Joan Rivers, and Cher have just lost weight too.
      Get Real!

26. Addy on June 10, 2011 5:01 pm

I guess he feels pressure to stay young, fit and relevant. If he did not get any work we would be saying he is old and tired looking. Being so close to Hollywood… is not good. It has a way of rubbing off on you. I guess all his Hollywood clients are doing the same thing…. He fits.