• Since her breakthrough role in Jerry Maguire, Renee Zellweger has become one of America’s favorite sweethearts. But lately, many have wondered if the beauty’s appearance has become overdone by plastic surgery.

Renee Zellweger, Plastic Surgery

In the past, Make Me Heal has reported on the thin-framed Renee’s breast augmentation, when she seemed to have blossomed overnight (See Make Me Heal’s story on Renee Zellweger’s breast augmentation). But now, the 39-year old actress seems to have gone under the knife again, with less pleasing results.

In her last few movies, including her most recent, New in Town, Renee’s face has appeared to be more full and tight than it used to be. Although she has always had small eyes, they seem even smaller when surrounded by her full face.

Make Me Heal doesn’t have any definitive handle on why Renee looks so different than she used to, but we do suspect that injectables of some kind are at play.

Renee’s face used to seem more “real,” thinner and not so smooth and shiny and pulled-looking. Renee may be using fat injections and grafting to get that smooth and full look, which would also eliminate any fine lines that are beginning to creep up as the actress nears 40.

Another explanation for Renee’s otherworldly smoothness could be an overload of Botox. While used correctly, Botox helps eliminate wrinkles, too much makes people look strange and unemotional.

Whatever the secret to Renee’s odd appearance, Make Me Heal hopes she stops doing whatever it is and gets back to normal.

Read the complete celebrity plastic surgery profile of Renee Zellweger on Plasticopedia, the web’s largest celebrity plastic surgery.

Shop for Plastic Surgery & Beauty Products

Comments

1. Greyholme on February 22, 2009 4:02 pm

Renee has always been a celeb that looks vary greatly by day All the photos seem hit or miss

2. maryanne on March 7, 2009 1:22 am

just saw New in Town and for much of it couldnt stop looking at how strange Renee Zellweger’s face seemed. in the scene of her in the car with her new secretary, the secretary who has obviously just aged gracefully came across as the nicer one to look at. i agree with you and really hope Renee stops doing whatever she is doing to her face.

3. Oscar on March 9, 2009 12:55 pm

How ugly she is well but she is english what do you expect?

4. Timppa on March 10, 2009 5:23 pm

I love you Renee. Greetings from Seinajoki/Finland.

5. Rebecca Roberts on April 26, 2009 5:11 am

Renee,

Please don’t get all caught up in the “Hollywood Brat doll” look. You are naturally a beauty, but not so natural of late. Women are beautiful at every stage of life. I hope you leave yourself alone and get back to being you!

6. Lex Dale Owens on May 3, 2009 9:45 am

Renee is a kind person. It’s a shame when people say she looks like she has been electricuted from biting an extension cord. We have been to many New Order concerts and I can tell you she knows how to party. Just Hollywood folks, Hollywood.

7. Kelly on June 14, 2009 11:51 am

I just saw “New in Town” too, and I think part of the problem is that she hasn’t had any significant surgery. Clearly she’s made use of Botox and fillers, but look at the overhang in her upper eyes. No bleph ever done there. And her forehead looks to me as if it’s never been lifted. I think she needs work, real surgical work, and not just fillers and Botox.

8. Sandy on June 21, 2009 1:59 pm

I just fast forwarded to the end of “New in Town” for a couple of reasons- it was actually hard to look at Renee- she looked horrible, her face was just weird. The other reason I fast forwarded is because it was obvious how it was going to end. I didn’t enjoy watching Renee and I must say this is the first time ever. Really weird looking. Wow. Please stop whatever you are doing Renee, getting older REALLY isn’t that bad and it’s definitely not going to look as bad on you as whatever you had done to you recently!

9. eajk on June 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Renee is NOT english you big retard…she is from Texas.

10. sungirl on June 30, 2009 10:27 pm

i have been watching “new in town” tonight and renee’s face is unrecognizable. i think it is so sad, because she should just STOP facial treatments, fillers, and botox. it is taking away her natural beauty. it’s a shame. saddest part of it all? she actually looks sad throughout the movie, even when she’s supposed be cute and funny– i think because she knows how strange her face looks. how lovely she would have looked in this film if she would’ve aged naturally.

11. lionswimmer on July 1, 2009 1:32 pm

Renee is a really good actress; but she has always looked strange and not particularly attractive. Maybe she’s supposed to epitomize The Everygirl. I’m not big on plastic surgery, but even I think she needs an eyelid lift (bleph). And she should stop the attempts at trout pout / sucking a lemon look. Pushing one’s lips out excessively is actually a regression to infancy–not sexy.

12. lionswimmer on July 1, 2009 1:35 pm

Renee is a really good actress; but she has always looked strange and not particularly attractive. Maybe she’s supposed to epitomize The Everygirl. I’m not big on plastic surgery, but even I think she needs an eyelid lift (bleph). And she should stop the attempts at trout pout / sucking a lemon look. Pushing one’s lips out excessively is actually a regression to infancy; and it’s not sexy.

13. spinnergirl on July 1, 2009 6:10 pm

Okay, I’m glad I’m not the only one. I am just about 20 minutes into the movie and had to see if I was missing something with her face. This is VERY weird. I agree with you guys – natural is beautiful! Renee has lost some of her touch with the weird look . . .

14. Kim Rojas on July 4, 2009 6:41 pm

In the middle of watching this dribble with the wifey – she looks so damn weird that we had to google it just to see if she did have something done. Heading towards bride of frankenstein. At least her body is hot again – although for the last 1/2 hour she’s been in either a heavy sweater or a parka.

Please end this movie!

15. Peppermint Paddy on July 7, 2009 7:58 pm

I caught Jerry McGuire and was taken aback by how less stressed her face was. She really was a pretty girl, but then again they all start out pretty and approachable looking then morph into alien drag queens. Do thier agents in power suites overlooking Wilshire BLVD. tell them to go about this or do they seek it out? Deep thoughts…

16. ANTON on July 10, 2009 8:06 am

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DISMAYED WHEN I COMPARE HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE LOOKED IN MY FAVORITE MOVIE : ” NURSE BETTY “, AND, OF WHICH I WAS COMPELLED TO WATCH AT LEAST ONCE A MONTH ! BUT, NOW, I FEEL THAT HER PRESENT, UNNATURAL, FACIAL APPEARNCE IN HER RECENT FILM(S) IS AT MOST 30% OF WHAT IT USED TO BE.
      YET, I WILL FOREVER LOVE HER FOR HER SKILL, WHOLESOME DEMEANER , CHEERFULNESS, AND BEAUTIFULL PERSONALITY !
      O!..THOSE LOST, DEAR OLE’ DAYS OF DIVINE INNOCENCE ….
      TAKE HEED ! OUR DEAREST RENEE…PLEASE, AT LEAST TRY TO, UNDO YOUR TERRIBLE MISTAKES OF PRESENT.

17. Cathy Jones on July 26, 2009 9:22 pm

My daughter and I watched New in town a few days ago. I couldn’t believe how weird Renee looked. She is really thin, but her face looks swollen. I think she has had something done to her lips too. I love her and hope she doesn’t start doing to herself, like Michael Jackson did. She was so beautiful, and didn’t need a thing done, but I guess we don’t see ourselves like everybody else does. My boyfriend didn’t really know who she was, he said she not really a pretty women, when we watched new in town, but I did love the movie.

18. The Devil on August 24, 2009 4:31 pm

This smacked arse faced pig is not from England she is from Texas fool!!

19. You are all on dope on August 26, 2009 10:02 am

Renee Zellweger has not had one shred of cosmetic surgery, you people need to stop smoking that crack and trash talking people you don’t even know. Crawl back under the slimy rocks you came out from

20. Chris on September 6, 2009 1:18 am

Did the same thing as Kim Rogers, the only good thing about the movie is her weird head…will the movie ever end? If they need a lead for the next chipmunks movie I reckon she would be perfect

21. Luciana on October 8, 2009 1:22 pm

In New in Town she looks like a 50 year old woman who surgically tried to look 40. And failed. I was so shocked with her looks that I had to go look up her actual age on IMDB and was surprised to read she´s turned 40 this year. In her attempt to look younger, she looks 10 years older!

22. Mimosa on October 12, 2009 8:17 am

I loved the movie, but was really upset with how Renee looked. I wish all the Hollywood types would give these girls a break and let them age gracefully. She has a rocking body – obviously running, look at those legs! I don’t personally think she needed a boob job, but the face procedures need to stop. I never have liked the pouty look, but that is part of who she has always been — just lay off the collagen….

23. DD on October 28, 2009 9:34 pm

One question: why is she always squinting? Geez.

24. plastic dolls on January 14, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks again for the informative post.

25. RachelJ on January 23, 2010 8:53 pm

I just saw her in My One and Only and she looked fabulous! She looked too young to have sons that age…I think she’s always had a “different” type of face…but she sure looked good in that movie for someone in their 40′s!

26. Cathy on February 21, 2010 6:36 pm

I am looking at New In town, and thought she looked better than a few years ago. A few years ago Rene looked really anarexic and it showed on her face. She doesn’t have the greatest of skin in the past, craters and large pores. But seeing her in this film I couldn’t help but notice that she looked younger and her skin looked so clear and smooth and deffinately fuller which in my opinion means youthful… She doesn’t have one wrinkle on her face and she looks much better!

27. Belinda on September 4, 2010 4:19 am

Thanks to those people who clarified that Renee is actually a texan – such good actress in Bridgette Jones that fooled you into thinking she was an English Rose. Just watching New in Town on Sky, which has prompted me to go searching re her strange look in the movie. I am not sure what Renee has had done, and I don’t think she has had surgery, but possibly fillers or botox. I have googled younger pictures of her, and while she always has had a chubbish face, she was smoking hot. My theory is that the weight gain for Bridgette Jones’s diary was the beginning of her troubles. I suspect that losing weight afterwards left her with looser, sagging skin on her jowls and folds above her eyes (even back in the day she was pretty heavy-lidded, and in attempting to correct/compensate for this, the botox etc has left her with that strange puffy look where her pretty eyes get lost in her face, and her lower jawline is not as defined. Some surgery to tighten the skin on her face without having to puff it up might help, but at the same time I respect her if she chooses not to go there, as it seems she has tried to do what she can without getting too radical with the procedures. Time will tell. Enough, I am done…