• Soap star Susan Lucci has been playing the same role on All My Children for decades and looks just as good as when she started, thanks to some plastic surgery.

At 62 years old, Susan looks better than many women less than have her age. While some think that Susan looks overdone, Make Me Heal applauds her audacity at rocking a teeny bikini on a recent vacation.

Although Susan wears some pretty skimpy clothing in her role as Erica Kane and some even skimpier costumes in her recent turn on Dancing with the Stars, always on display is Susan’s smiling face.

Make Me Heal suspects that Susan has likely stayed young and beautiful due to some careful plastic surgery over the years, in the form of facelifts, skin treatments like chemical peels and laser treatments as well as Botox and some eyework. It’s hard to tell for sure, because whatever work Susan had, it was very good.

Susan Lucci, Plastic Surgery

According to plastic surgeon Dr. Anthony Youn, “With Susan it’s difficult to tell exactly what plastic surgery may have been done. The reason for the difficulty is because she looks so great! If I had to make an educated guess, I would bet she’s had a browlift, a facelift, cheek implants, upper and lower blepharoplasty, and chemical peels or laser treatments.”

Although some think that Susan has gone overboard on her plastic surgery, Dr. John Di Saia explains that it is because most of the work is focused on her face, and not her body. He tells Make Me Heal, “A lot of facial surgery and not so much on her body makes her face “tight-looking” relative to her body. This is seen in the recent bikini images on DListed.”

“Facially, her hairline has been pulled back by several forehead lifts I would estimate. She has likely had a few facelifts and touch up work over the years. This explains the hair being worn for cover. In the big picture, understand that she is over 60 and for a lady of her age, looks pretty good. All is relative of course and we will never know how she might have looked without the plastic surgery she has had. I would not characterize her as a plastic surgery problem case.”

Dr. Dave Shafer agrees that Susan looks good, especially for her age. He tells Make Me Heal about the various procedures the actress has undergone over the years in the form of bodywork.

“Susan Lucci actually looks great for 62 years old! However, it is obvious she has had breast implants.”

“She also appears to have had an abdominal procedure such as abdominoplasty (there appears to be a low incision on one of her recent bikini pictures). However, if she did have an abdominoplasty, her surgeon did a great job on her bellybutton, which appears very natural.”

“She most likely had liposuction as well.”

Dr. Shafer also tells Make Me Heal about Susan’s various facial procedures, “Her zygomatic [above the cheek] region and lid-cheek junction have a face-lift look, but very well done. It also appears that she may be using Botox.”

In addition, Dr. Shafer also notes that Susan may have had a minor rhinoplasty at some point, as, “Her nose looks slightly refined from her younger pictures.”

Via BlackBerry, Dr. Sherrell Aston also weighed in on Susan’s plastic surgery, saying, “I think she has had upper and lower eyelid surgery and a facelift. Her face has lost some volume, as expected with aging. She may also have had some Botox as her forehead is wrinkle-free. She appears to have also had a rhinoplasty but her nose is still a bit long.”

Make Me Heal loves that Susan is confident enough to wear a brilliant bikini into her sixth decade, although one of the trendier monokinis may have helped make her plastic surgery slightly less evident.

Read the complete celebrity plastic surgery profile of Susan Lucci on Plasticopedia, the web’s largest celebrity plastic surgery encyclopedia.

Shop for Plastic Surgery & Beauty Products

Comments

1. elaine dunham on August 10, 2009 5:23 pm

I Think she looks fabulous! Infact, better than ever. I wish I knew the name of her Doctor.

2. teresa on January 26, 2010 6:42 pm

I have admired Susan since I was 5 years old,36 years ago.She is more beautiful ,the older she gets.I wish I could sit home and watch All my children as I did as a child with my mom.Those were the good days to remember,admiring Susan as she took the show to a new level.she made the show popular.I love her.

3. Larry on May 10, 2010 5:36 am

How can anyone NOT think this woman is beautiful?

4. derrick williams on November 22, 2010 10:01 pm

this woman is completely FABULOUS!!!!! im only thirty and i’ve been watching amc because of her 4 21 years!!!!!!!!!! can u believe she’s 62? time for another emmy winning storyline dont u think

5. Adam on February 9, 2011 1:13 pm

I have been on the same plane with her about 2 years ago and there is no doubt that she had work done. But today, 2/9 on Oprah she is saying she never had plastic surgery. I don’t believe she didn’t have work done.

6. Big Willy on April 14, 2011 6:37 am

If anyone can afford the surgery and it makes them feel better and look better why the hell not?She looks awesome and Id work on her plumbing anytime.She is so hittable its not even funny.

7. Jack Niki on May 26, 2011 10:46 am

She doesn’t even look like the same person, but I have to say she does look great!!!

8. Linda on July 26, 2011 12:23 pm

Either she’s have actual plastic surgery, or non-surgical procedures like a liquid/laser face lift……….but there is no question she’s had some work done on her face and body.

I would guess that she probably engages in weekly face exercises and monthly microdermabrasion or yearly chemical/laser peels. Once you get the skin cleared up – keeping it in shape is easy.

But I hate the fact that she won’t admit to it. It makes us “regular” women feel bad and when see a 60 something year woman look 40 and swear she’s done nothing but let mother nature take over. It’s not possible to look that good without SOME type of work…..

9. paul on September 8, 2011 8:04 pm

She is amazing.there street a lot of soap stars that are a part of the orinigal cast.but she is the only one I have seen that have been in the forefront of the shows storyline since day one.the industry has always made her sound like a diva.but anyone she has ever worked with has said she is the most gracious person that has ever walked the face of the earth.believe me a tv producer would not say that if it was not true.she is not the only aging soap opera actress trying too.stay youthful.years ago actress like Ruth warrick aged gracefully on these dramas.I think.that is another promblem with todays dramas,as much as I love my daytime dramas a lot of these shows are still writing for these aging actress like they wrote for them when they were 35….

10. vicks on June 7, 2014 9:58 pm

I think Susan look terrific but the hand tell all and her arms tell her true age.
      Lovely woman and she certainly has done something but that is something we would expect from Miss CAINE