• Dr. David Matlock, Vaginoplasty

Dr. David Matlock is the undisputed leading surgeon for vaginoplasties and laser rejuvenations, having pioneered these procedures over a decade ago. While few women openly discuss vagina-related cosmetic issues, many women wonder about how they can enhance the aesthetic look of their vaginas and increase sexual gratification. In this interview, Dr. Matlock discusses a wide variety of vaginal cosmetic procedures that treat all common imperfections (see full description of procedure options at end of interview)…giving women hopes everywhere.

MMH: What is vaginoplasty and what problems and imperfections does it address?

Dr. Matlock: At the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute we perform two categories of procedures, laser vaginal rejuvenation (LVR) for the enhancement of sexual gratification and designer laser vaginoplasty (DLV) for the aesthetic enhancement of the vulva structures. LVR is primarily for women who have had children and as a result of childbirth they are experiencing vaginal relaxation. This vaginal relaxation results in decreased sexual gratification for the female. LVR enhances vaginal muscle tone, strength and control. It also decreases the internal and external vaginal diameters and builds up the perineal body (the area outsets the vagina and above the anus). DLV consist of numerous aesthetic procedures of the vulvar structures. The most requested is laser reduction labioplasty of the labia minora. The laser procedure sculptures down the labia minora. Women state that they don’t want the labia minora to project beyond the labia majora (large outer lips). We can perform most anything one desires of the vulvar structures (reduction of the labia majora, liposculpturing of the fatty mons pubis and labia majora, autologous fat transplant to the labia majora to enhance them, correct deformities, combination procedures (LVR plus DLV).

MMH: Please discuss the different types of vaginoplasty procedures and what problems and imperfections each treats (i.e. laser reduction labioplasty, augmentation labioplasty, reduction of prepuce).

Dr. Matlock: Women want the skin of the clitoris to hug it like a piece of paper is draped over a pencil; this can be done via reduction of the prepuce [excess skin along the sides of the clitoris]. The majority of women have this done with the laser reduction labioplasty of the labia minora., vulvar labioplasty, etc.).

MMH: Which of these procedures is the most common?

Dr. Matlock: The most common DLV procedure is laser reduction labioplasty of the labia minora.

MMH: Please describe how the procedure is performed as far as incisions, anesthesia, and other technical details. How long does a vaginoplasty take to perform?

Dr. Matlock: LVR is a one hour outpatient laser surgical procedure. One can have their choice of anesthesia from local to general anesthesia. Everyone gets a special block which results in an 18 to 24 hours pain free period after surgery. You can return to work in 7 days and get back to the gym in 2 to 3 weeks. Sex can be resumed in 6 weeks. The laser is used to perform all the cutting and dissecting. The muscles are tightened with sutures. I have treated patients from all 50 states and over 30 countries. Most patients say that they want to be like 16 or 18 years old again. With LVR we can accomplish this. In our DLV procedures the laser is used to perform all the cutting. The same above info also applies to DLV.

MMH: How is the future of vaginoplasty looking and are there any innovations on the horizon that can improve the aesthetic outcome of the procedure?

Dr. Matlock: I pioneered and developed LVR and DLV eleven years ago. To date I have treated Patients from all 50 states and over 30 countries. I have 140 surgeons (gynecologist, plastic surgeons, and urologist) trained in my trademarked techniques in over 21 countries. The future of this field is bright. I have just developed a new procedure called a lip/tuck where I lift the sagging vulvar structures. I am also just launching my G-Shot procedure (G-Spot Amplification). This procedure amplifies the G-Spot and enhances sexual gratification (wwwthegshot.com).

MMH: When did vaginoplasties start to become popular?

Dr. Matlock: The procedure became really popular 11 years ago.

MMH: Is there a specific age range for a woman seeking a vaginoplasty, or can a woman of any age have a vaginoplasty? Please specify if there are any ages of patients beyond which or before which one should not have a vaginoplasty?

Dr. Matlock: My patient population is 20s to 40s.

MMH: Are there any special considerations for women who intend to be pregnant as far as when a vaginoplasty is safe to have?

Dr. Matlock: With DLV there is no problem if one wants to become pregnant. With LVR the pregnancy can damage the LVR. These patients can have a C/S. This is rare and most patients for LVR have completed their family.

MMH: What types of doctors (i.e. gynecologists, urologists, or plastic surgeons) typically perform vaginoplasties?

Dr. Matlock: All the ones you mentioned are good choices.

MMH: Who do you think are the best qualified to perform vaginoplasties?

Dr. Matlock: LVR-gynecologist; DLV gyn and plastics.

MMH: What should a patient desiring a labioplasty look for in a physician?

Dr. Matlock: Training in the techniques and experience.

MMH: How long do the results of a vaginoplasty last? What can a patient expect 4-5 years and then 10 years after a vaginoplasty?

Dr. Matlock: For LVR as long as they don’t have children they should be fine. The cause of the problem in the first place was children.

MMH: How is the recovery like from the various types of vaginoplasties?

Dr. Matlock: The patients can return to work in one week. They can resume sex in 6 weeks. The main post operative symptoms are mild swelling and pain which is controlled by pain meds.

MMH: What symptoms can a patient expect to have (i.e. bruising, swelling, numbness) and for how long do they persist?

Dr. Matlock: The majority of the discomfort is gone in 7 days.

MMH: Can a patient walk, sit, or use the bathroom easily following a vaginoplasty?

Dr.Matlock: The patient will walk into surgery and after the recovery period in the recovery room she will walk out. These are outpatient procedures and the patients can ambulate immediately.

MMH: Can a patient experience permanent loss of sensation following a vaginoplasty?

Dr. Matlock: No.

MMH: What are the risks associated with a vaginoplasty?

Dr. Matlock: The risks are bleeding, infection (these are the main risk and they are less than 1%); hyposensation, hypersensation, scarring, uncomfortable sex. These are safe, bloodless outpatient procedures with very low risk and high satisfaction.

MMH: Are there any scars following a vaginoplasty?

Dr. Matlock: No.

MMH: Are there physical exercises, personal care products and routines for the vagina that can help reduce its aging process?

Dr. Matlock: Not really. It is a good idea to maintain a normal weight (ideal weight).

MMH: What level of improvement in sexual gratification can a woman expect from vaginal rejuvenation? Does the partner of the woman also benefit from this procedure?

Dr. Matlock: Our primary concern is to enhance sexual gratification for the woman but it also enhances sexual gratification for the male.

The following are the main Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation procedures performed by Dr. Matlock:

Laser Reduction Labioplasty can sculpture the elongated or unequal labial minora (small inner lips) according to ones specification. Most women tell us that they do not want the small inner lips to project beyond the large outer lips. Many women bring us Playboy and say that they want to look like this. With laser reduction labioplasty, we can accomplish the desires of the woman. Our labioplasty techniques can also reconstruct conditions that are due to the aging process, childbirth trauma, or injury.

Laser Reduction Labioplasty with Reduction of Excess Prepuce (excess skin along the sides of the clitoris) can provide the true playboy aesthetic look. Women tell us that they want the skin to drape neatly over the clitoris. The reduction of the excess prepuce provides the desired aesthetic enhancement of the clitoral skin. The majority of women having laser reduction labioplasty need the reduction of excess prepuce for a complete aesthetic result.

Laser Perineoplasty can rejuvenate the relaxed or aging perineum. It can also enhance the sagging labia majora (large outer lips) and labia minora. Overall, the procedure can provide a youthful and aesthetically appealing vulva.

Augmentation Labioplasty can provide aesthetically enhanced and youthful labia majora by autologous fat transplant (removal of the patient’s fat via liposculpturing and transplanting it into the labia majora).

Vulvar Lipoplasty can remove unwanted fat of the mons pubis and upper parts of the labia majora. Liposculpturing can alleviate the unsightly fatty bulges of this area and produce an aesthetically pleasing contour.

Combination of DLV® with LVR LVR® and DLV® can be performed in combination. They can also be performed with most cosmetic surgical procedures; the most popular of these are liposculpturing, breast implants, breast reduction, tummy tuck, nose surgery, and eyelid surgery.

Hymenoplasty (reconstruction of the hymen) can repair the hymen as if nothing ever occurred. The Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute® is sensitive to the needs of women from all cultures that embrace these particular issues because of cultural, social, or religious reasons.

Board Certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dr. Matlock is the founder of the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute in Los Angeles and is the Medical Director of the Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation Institute®, Inc., a training center for physicians. Author of the new book, SEX BY DESIGN, Dr. Matlock is the pioneer in this unique field of Boutique Cosmetic Gynecologic Laser Surgery. Dr. Matlock is the world renowned developer of Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation® (LVR®) and Designer Laser Vaginoplasty® (DLV®). LVR® is for the enhancement of sexual gratification and DLV® is for the aesthetic enhancement of the vulvar structures. Dr. Matlock is a featured cast member on E!’s smash hit “Dr. 90210.”

Visit Dr. David Matlock’s Website, as well as his new website devoted to G-spot amplication.

Tags: , ,

Comments

1. christina on May 27, 2008 5:04 am

hi, if a vagina could fit 3 fingers in and then if they have vaginaplasty could that make it as small as to fit 1 little finger in it??

2. michelle on July 16, 2008 3:27 pm

hi, i had labioplasty 2 1/2 wks ago. i don’t have a lot of swelling left, and my lt side is shorter than the right. I have noticed this for 1 1/2 now, and i’m concerned. I actually like the length of my right side. my left side is a bit too short. so i don’t want to have to get my right side revised. i’m scared that i will be left with no labia at all then. anyway, i read another girls post that this happened and she was able to stretch the shorter side. Is this possible to do, if i do it carefully? or would i damage my tissue. I only need to stretch it about 1-1 1/2 cm at most, just at the top. i would wait a couple months till i was really well healed first.

3. victoria palmerton on July 24, 2008 7:26 am

I am very interested in having some work done by Dr. Matlock. Could you please send me some information at :9305 Hunting Valley Rd.S., Clarence, NY 14031

4. Felicite Pickett on November 2, 2008 6:37 pm

Dr Matlock I’m a 24 year old mom with 2 kids and over the past 4 years ive been experiencing vaginal dryness. Of course my vagina is stretched with no walls @ when Im performing sex with my partner hes not feeling it. not only that i pee when im trying to have an erection. so im thinking about having some work done.

5. tamara on January 9, 2009 1:36 am

i would love the location of Dr. Matlock office performs Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation

6. omotola Awosika on March 6, 2009 5:03 pm

hello dr matlock.my name is tola from nigeria and am a yoruba[ethnic]. In my culture the flesh of the clitoris of a girl is cut off when they are small and that does not allow u to enjoy sexual pleasures.it was done to me and i want to know if anything can be done for me to get sexual pleasures because i dont feel anything when a guy have sex with me.

7. c. gregory on March 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Dr. Matlock I have had 6 children at a young age and I am married to a great man in which I had three of the 6 with. We have been married for 19 years and I would like the oppurtunity of feeling like a virgin again. I would also like to give my husband something he has never had, a virgin. Will this procedure help me? I do not plan to have more children and I would like to keep it tight like a virgin. I lost my virginity at the age of 16 and I would like to be as tight as a 16 year old again.

8. mrs jeff on April 10, 2009 2:13 am

Dr. Matlock
      Could you please recommend a surgeon in the u.k, as I’m looking to have a vaginal tightening proceedure her at home.
      Many thanks
      Mrs Jeff
      Silver970@yahoo.co.uk

9. Mrs. Nata on April 10, 2009 6:32 pm

Hi. I have suffered with UTI ever since i was a little girl and i was wondering if this could be because i have the labia minora out.i would like to get it reduce a little bit because i strongly believe this might be causing all this uncomfortable urinary tract infections every month sometimes even more than once in a month. thanx

10. Mrs. Molina on May 4, 2009 10:54 am

Dr matlock.

i am 21 years old with a beautiful 2 year old boy. I have had “bumps and lumps” is what my high school Dr called them on my pubic hair area. I don’t know why i have them. i have had this since i was about 12 or 13. I wasn’t sexually active then. The Dr says it’s normal and that it might be caused by shaving too often. i stopped shavin and i started again because over a year passed by and i still have them. they are not the size of a pimple i wish they where but they get really huge and sometimes hurt when i sit down because my panties will be smashing them a bit. after a while it pops and then it bleeds a bit. it sort of disappears but more come out. i usually have 5 of them and they never seem to go away no matter what i do. do you have any suggestions in what i can do to make it go away? thank you so much.

11. Avoid Seasonal Skin Complaints With Winter Rejuvenation | Itching All Over on August 19, 2009 2:42 pm

[...] Dr. Matlock Breaks Down Vaginoplasty & Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation … Share and Enjoy: [...]

12. 3KneeGurl on November 3, 2009 6:06 pm

I would like to know the cost of the vagina tightening surgery..and If i get this done now how long it would take to heal N how soon after I could have intercourse with my husband…PS another question, do you know anything about squatting over a steaming hot tub or basin of water making sure the steam gets directly into ur vagina will help restore tightness?

Thanks in advance!

13. Angela on November 25, 2009 11:30 pm

Hi, My name is Angela and have been married for 22 years, Is there a procedure to great increase the size and lenght of my labia minor so my husband has plenty to put in his mouth during is great oral pleasure he gives me, I would like it to be thick and be about one and a half to two inches out when my panties are off, could you please help ?

14. kendra on December 19, 2009 10:44 pm

hi, i am 22 years old and i have a 2 year old little girl. i am very interested in this surgery but i live in north dakota. i am wondering if you know of anywhere close to me that does this surgery?

15. ciara on December 27, 2009 5:06 pm

To other commenters:
      this is not Dr Matlock’s website, and it is very unlikely
      that he will see your questions -
      look him up on Google – der!

16. A Look at the Different Methods of Applying a Yogurt Yeast Infection Remedy | Natural Candida Remedy on April 18, 2010 12:27 am

[...] Dr. Matlock Br&#1077&#1072k&#1109 Down Vaginoplasty & Laser Vaginal Rejuvenation » Makeme… [...]

17. anna on October 6, 2010 7:25 pm

Will this surgery make me as tight as a virgin again? (not restore hymen, but make the tightness the same as before I had sex? I used to barely fit one finger inside when lubricated. Now 3 can go in after years of sex :( It doesnt feel the same! I am 27 and have not had children. I do not use toys, so it must be a fact that normal sex alone can stratch things out. Can I request the amount of tightness I want? How tight can this surgery make it? How quickly can it strecth again? The same amount of time it took to stretch the first time? (again no crazy big objects or children…just the fact that 10 years of intercourse changes everything)

18. Rebecca Rosak on January 2, 2011 7:19 am

I’d like to ask the same question as one of the other postings? I wish the responses were posted as well. My question is: Will this surgery make me as tight as a virgin again? I’ve lost most sensation and can barely feel when a man inside of me…and he is larger than most. It doesnt feel the same! I do not use toys, so it must be a fact that normal sex alone can stratch things out. Can I request the amount of tightness I want? How tight can this surgery make it? How quickly can it strecth again? The same amount of time it took to stretch the first time?

19. Jaimee Underwood on February 16, 2011 10:04 am

I would like to schedule a consultation for labiaplasty and vaginoplasty.

20. Debbie dimes on April 14, 2011 9:55 pm

I am interested in having my vagina tighten
      after three children my vagina is loose
      And me and my husband have
      A very active sex drive and are
      Married 31 yrs . We have more
      Time to spend with each other
      Our youngest 18:) I have wanted
      To do this and want to have a consultation
      To see if your procedure can give me the
      Results and also want tummy tuk?? And implants depending on the cost
      I am fifty but most would guess forty
      I’m looking forward to hearing from you

21. Hyatt on June 30, 2011 11:48 am

Hello, i am a 20 yr old female from the middle east, i am active in soccer and other sports since childhood and im scared that i have broken my hymen during rough play and etc. If i were to have the surgery nobody can know and i would have to go back home the same day. am i able to walk after the surgery and they wont come lloose? also my wedding isnt for another 9 months but i want to be safe and do it earlier then later. will the hymen still be intact in 9 months with no intercourse and no sports just regular day to day activities

22. amana on March 11, 2013 9:50 am

I want to do hymenoplasty surgery can you do it for me in Dubai plaese?